Amsterdam Restaurant Question

Have any of you made restaurant reservations on line at Amsterdam restaurants prior to your pre-cruise visit?

I see that almost all the restaurants that my DW and I are interested in (the better ones, such as Moeder's and Speyk) allow you to make reservations on line. I'm thinking of doing so prior to our visit in July.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

Have any of you made restaurant reservations on line at Amsterdam restaurants prior to your pre-cruise visit?

I see that almost all the restaurants that my DW and I are interested in (the better ones, such as Moeder's and Speyk) allow you to make reservations on line. I'm thinking of doing so prior to our visit in July.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

We are making reservations for every night we are there in the first week of August because it is Gay Pride, the largest such celebration in Europe and we have been warned that the restaurants will be PACKED!

What do you all think?

Thanks!

If you know where you want to go, you should always make a reservation. That way you are shirt of getting a table.

We want to do the Jewels Dinner cruise one of the nights we are in Amsterdam before our cruise. I will be for sure making those reservations ahead of time.

I'm trying to find a restaurant near the Concertgebouw. We have tickets for a concert and I'm looking for a place we can eat before the concert. I'd like to eat in the Mirror Hall - which is in the Concertgebouw, but I can't seem to find any information and my husband wants to see menus ahead of time :rolleyes:

We're also looking at Brasserie Keyzer - which is close, sounds nice, and has decent reviews on TripAdvisor. I might make the reservations before we go, but I though perhaps we'd ask the concierge at the hotel. We're staying at the Toren

If you know where you want to go, you should always make a reservation. That way you are shirt of getting a table.

I guess that you have had some experience making reservations on line at Amsterdam restaurants. If I am here in the States, and make a reservation on line, say, at Moeder's, how reliable is the process of making a reservation on line?

Have you, or anyone else, had a problem with reservations they have made of line? Is it as good as calling a local restaurant in the US and making a reservation?

Any other comments or advice?

Thanks.

I guess that you have had some experience making reservations on line at Amsterdam restaurants. If I am here in the States, and make a reservation on line, say, at Moeder's, how reliable is the process of making a reservation on line?

Have you, or anyone else, had a problem with reservations they have made of line? Is it as good as calling a local restaurant in the US and making a reservation?

Thanks.

I had no problem making dinner reservations on line for Moeders and

Haesje Claes, we will be there early August during Gay Pride, so didn't want to miss out. I received responses very quickly from both places. Good luck1

Thanks.

I make reservations online both here in Seattle and in Europe. I use a service called Open Table (Google them). They have a website and an app. Most US restaurants are on there. Never (EVER) had a problem with them. You make the reservation, they confirm it. You can also change or cancel it online or in the app.

Two other things I love about Open Table. They have great reviews of restaurants from the people who made the reservations which means I get to write one for every restaurant after I go and....my favorite part. Every time i make a FREE reservation on Open Table, I get either 100 points or 1000 points (some restaurants will offer 1000 points during a slow time). Then once I have accumulated 10,000 points (not hard to do--I eat out about once a week and I get to 10,000 points twice a year) I get dining check to eat in any restaurant using Open Table worth $100.

I make reservations online both here in Seattle and in Europe. I use a service called Open Table (Google them). They have a website and an app. Most US restaurants are on there. Never (EVER) had a problem with them. You make the reservation, they confirm it. You can also change or cancel it online or in the app.

Two other things I love about Open Table. They have great reviews of restaurants from the people who made the reservations which means I get to write one for every restaurant after I go and....my favorite part. Every time i make a FREE reservation on Open Table, I get either 100 points or 1000 points (some restaurants will offer 1000 points during a slow time). Then once I have accumulated 10,000 points (not hard to do--I eat out about once a week and I get to 10,000 points twice a year) I get dining check to eat in any restaurant using Open Table worth $100.

Thanks for the lead.

However, I went to OpenTable and looked up locations that they serve and they do not list the Netherlands (Amsterdam). There are several other European countries listed, but the Netherlands is not one of them.

Fortunately, most of the restaurants in Amsterdam allow you to make reservations on line. So, thanks to the advice you all have given me, I feel comfortable with doing so.

Please, though, if there are any of you with additional advice or observations, please share them!

Thanks again.

I'm trying to find a restaurant near the Concertgebouw. We have tickets for a concert and I'm looking for a place we can eat before the concert. I'd like to eat in the Mirror Hall - which is in the Concertgebouw, but I can't seem to find any information and my husband wants to see menus ahead of time :rolleyes:

https://www.concertgebouw.nl/en/dinner-in-the-mirror-hall ?

edit: the Dutch page says:

Dineren in de Spiegelzaal wordt aangeboden voorafgaand aan:

Concerten uit de series B en E van het Concertgebouworkest. Meer informatie

Concerten tijdens de Robeco SummerNights. Meer informatie

Classics: At the Movies. Meer informatie

Translation: Dinning is offered prior to concerts from series B and E of the Concertgebouw orchestra, the Robeco Summernights and Classics At the movies.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

https://en.couverts.nl/ for Holland, very similar to your Open Table. Used widely here.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

If I am here in the States, and make a reservation on line, say, at Moeder's, how reliable is the process of making a reservation on line?

IME, it's at least as good as, and often better than, making reservations by phone, whether local or overseas. If you call, people can mishear, miswrite or just plain mistake the date, name or time of the reservation. But if you make a reservation online, those risks are much reduced because as often as not the reservation goes straight into the restaurant's own computerised reservation system.

So it works well for me whether I'm making a reservation for a restaurant in the US while I'm in the UK, or for a restaurant in Australia when I'm in Hong Kong, or for my local Italian when it's five minutes walk away.

Thanks.

I have never had a problem with an online reservation.

https://www.concertgebouw.nl/en/dinner-in-the-mirror-hall ?

edit: the Dutch page says:

Dineren in de Spiegelzaal wordt aangeboden voorafgaand aan:

Concerten uit de series B en E van het Concertgebouworkest. Meer informatie

Concerten tijdens de Robeco SummerNights. Meer informatie

Classics: At the Movies. Meer informatie

Translation: Dinning is offered prior to concerts from series B and E of the Concertgebouw orchestra, the Robeco Summernights and Classics At the movies.

LOL - yes I saw that, but the menus aren't posted anywhere - and THAT is what I'm looking for. I know menus change. but I'd like to find a hint of what they serve. They have a cafe as well, but that's mostly sandwiches and salads. We're doing the one of Robeco Summer Nights concerts. We already booked tickets. And I love that the tickets include beer and wine! So civilized!

LOL - yes I saw that, but the menus aren't posted anywhere - and THAT is what I'm looking for. I know menus change. but I'd like to find a hint of what they serve. They have a cafe as well, but that's mostly sandwiches and salads. We're doing the one of Robeco Summer Nights concerts. We already booked tickets. And I love that the tickets include beer and wine! So civilized!

Aah, now I see that the promised page ( https://www.concertgebouw.nl/menu-s-robeco-summer-restaurant ) doesn't has ANY menus LOL. Shame on them hehe...

Hmm...

From what I've read there are 3 different caterers involved with the three series of concerts, the Robeco Summer Nights is usually done by MPS. One of the, if not the, best caterers in The NL.

http://www.mps.nl/en/food-design-en