Cruise Ships at St Croix this Summer?

Markmom18

Hi,

This year we aren't cruising, instead, we have booked a flight to St Croix for the end of August into Labor Day Weekend.

My question for now: I read online at the St Croix Chronicular (??) that June, July, & August of 2016 the Cruise ships wouldn't be stopping. That seems strange,but hey we've ever been to St Croix by land or water.

:). Bobbi

Hi,

This year we aren't cruising, instead, we have booked a flight to St Croix for the end of August into Labor Day Weekend.

My question for now: I read online at the St Croix Chronicular (??) that June, July, & August of 2016 the Cruise ships wouldn't be stopping. That seems strange,but hey we've ever been to St Croix by land or water.

:). Bobbi

Yup you read correctly (I'm guessing in the VI Consortium?) That there will be no ships all summer. Our high season is over now and it'll be quiet until fall.

I took a second full time job buddy, paradise is expensive!

Good to see you back. I've missed your common sense, and the fact that we are like minded on some things, like intolerance of those who constantly ask "how much is...".

It's Paradise (and vacation), baby.

Spend that money!

And help support Drake's homeland :)

Good to see you back. I've missed your common sense, and the fact that we are like minded on some things, like intolerance of those who constantly ask "how much is...".

It's Paradise (and vacation), baby.

Spend that money!

And help support Drake's homeland :)

Happy to be here, I put Tapatalk back on my phone so hopefully I'll see any questions for me a bit quicker. That being said it seems like I didn't really miss a whole lot and it should be a quiet summer down here. Hopefully a few more things I can answer will pop up.

Hi Drake,

I've been over at T.A. Researching the Renaissance Carambola for our trip late August. I booked it today via Marriot home web page. Our flights are booked as well. We'll be there 10 nights, we're real excited to visit. My husband and I really like what we've read about your home.

Anyway, I have read many of your posts on TA, thank you:).

And, thanks for the confirmation about the cruise ships.

:) Bobbi

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Drake,

I've been over at T.A. Researching the Renaissance Carambola for our trip late August. I booked it today via Marriot home web page. Our flights are booked as well. We'll be there 10 nights, we're real excited to visit. My husband and I really like what we've read about your home.

Anyway, I have read many of your posts on TA, thank you:).

And, thanks for the confirmation about the cruise ships.

:) Bobbi

Let me know when you guys land and I'll buy you a drink out west.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

MarkMom.

Smart you for booking time on St. Croix! I just wanted to mention that the Tripadvisor Forum for St. Croix is pretty active with some helpful posters. So be sure to check it out before you visit the island. I'm one of the Destination Experts (though I don't purport to be that great!) and we all love to help land visitors to the island just as Drake does such a good job for the cruisers.

Lovestx/ccrosner

My family and I are looking to visit sometime next year .. This would be our first trip to the island and in fact our first land vacation we normally cruise. Is there any place that you would recommend for families that is close to the beach or on the beach but not too expensive?

Let me know when you guys land and I'll buy you a drink out west.

:)

Irish13,

I don't want to hijack this thread so feel free to go over to Tripadvisor and look for the St. Croix forum. You can use their PM function to message me. My screen name on Tripadvisor is ccrosner

• 2 weeks later...
My family and I are looking to visit sometime next year .. This would be our first trip to the island and in fact our first land vacation we normally cruise. Is there any place that you would recommend for families that is close to the beach or on the beach but not too expensive?

Cottages by the sea is the best place for families. It's on the beach in Frederiksted and not too expensive. You get a little kitchen to cook in so you don't have to go out every time the kids get hungry.

My favorite time to be here is around Christmas, it's cooler and you can go to carnival village.