Senior Cruises

Caroldoll

They do?

I'm in the UK and the SS UK website doesn't seem to mention this. :confused:

This would be of great interest to my parents in law, who are already seasoned SS cruisers with more nights onboard than I've been on this earth (almost!).

Can you link to where you've read it please so I can pass the information on?

Maybe I'm wrong but Silverseas and the other (Regent, Seabourne, etc) pretty much only have seniors as their cruising guest.... I can't see a reason to Brand a cruise as a senior cruise when the average age of the passengers is well above the age of 50 (likely much higher than that)???

I don't know could be a delusion on my part???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I'm wrong but Silverseas and the other (Regent, Seabourne, etc) pretty much only have seniors as their cruising guest.... I can't see a reason to Brand a cruise as a senior cruise when the average age of the passengers is well above the age of 50 (likely much higher than that)??? I don't know could be a delusion on my part???

No delusions on the part of this smart Oregon poster. YES, those who have the time and interest to get away to more distant locations and do longer sailings tend to be older.

As a young-thinking, middle-aged (mid 60's) traveler now, this is more the time when there is the flexibility to do such adventures. If you have kids in school and too many job/career pressures, it is hard to get away for many of these longer, more exotic trips. We had to wait till earlier this year after my wife was retired from her school job and schedule to go to Australia and New Zealand. Love it "down under"!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 159,687 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

I see Silversea has senior cruises. Does anyone know, are these cruises offered without children?

I'm not aware of "senior" cruises being offered. I wonder if the single supplement fares may be causing confusion.......?

I've been on 4 Silversea cruises. Once, the captain's two young, but quiet children were on board. Once the Italian owner's extended family was on board with one, very obnoxious, young child.

But as a rule there are no children on the Silversea cruises. I enjoy them because they have very good single supplements, it's all inclusive, no tipping or extra charges for alcoholic beverages. And if you enjoy quiet and civilized, that's what they offer.