New Celebrity Phone Survey

Silvery Seas Cruiser

Tonight when I called Celebrity about another matter, a three-question survey came on which I answered and then I was told that I had won a free cruise and all I had to do was pay port fees and taxes and take the cruise in six months. Just push "One." I was scared to do it because I was afraid it was a scam, so I hung up and called Celebrity again. No survey this time. When I spoke with the customer relations person about it, she had never heard that Celebrity was conducting such a survey. I don't know if I missed a fabulous chance to cruise on Celebrity almost free or if their phone line was hacked and I missed a terrible con.

Have any of you heard about this survey ? Was it a trick?

Are you sure you dialed correctly? Maybe you should check the redial feature on your phone to see if you miss-dialed the number for X. I think it sounds very suspicious. I would think that there would have been posts on here talking about a stroke of luck like this. You know the old adage: "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

Unfortunately I didn't check my phone to see how I dialed, but what are the chances the phone number which I took right off Celebrity's web site, even if badly dialed, would pop up this phoney spoof site? Anyway, I got scared because I was afraid this would be a great way to get my credit card number and other info and heaven only knows what mischief they would create.

Unfortunately I didn't check my phone to see how I dialed, but what are the chances the phone number which I took right off Celebrity's web site, even if badly dialed, would pop up this phoney spoof site? Anyway, I got scared because I was afraid this would be a great way to get my credit card number and other info and heaven only knows what mischief they would create.

A very good chance. Incredibly simple for a marketing company to secure a toll-free number(s) one digit off, for example, from Celebrity's number to snag mis-dials.

And you said the music "sounded like Celebrity" but all I get when on hold with Celebrity is marketing messages.

Tonight when I called Celebrity about another matter, a three-question survey came on which I answered and then I was told that I had won a free cruise and all I had to do was pay port fees and taxes and take the cruise in six months.

If you had dialed a wrong number, how did the person you spoke with handle the other Celebrity matter you called about?

If you had dialed a wrong number, how did the person you spoke with handle the other Celebrity matter you called about?

Well, when I was told I had been chosen for the "free cruise, just push one", I immediately hung up. Then I redialed Celebrity and this time there was no survey.

I believe the poster above who said I may have dialed badly just one number, but clever marketers had set up crooked phone lines with those similar, but false numbers.

Oh well, this misadventure just goes to show how careful we all have to be these days because there appears to be an ever increasing way scammers can trick the unwary. Sounds a trifle paranoid, but hopefully others won't be fooled by this scam.

...Oh well, this misadventure just goes to show how careful we all have to be these days because there appears to be an ever increasing way scammers can trick the unwary. Sounds a trifle paranoid, but hopefully others won't be fooled by this scam.

Kind of like the ole' adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't".