Recommended Parking for Reflection cruise, Port of Miami

AtleeH

For those who use the Port of Miami a lot, do you have a recommended parking lot?

We're going on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Reflection on Jan 23, 2016.

Except for price, I like the idea of parking in the Port of Miami garages that are inside the gates. I don't like the high price.

We have parked at the Embassy Suites in Miami. They have specials that are quite attractive. But it makes more sense for longer cruises, since they charge $10 pp for transfer to the port and you have to get a cab to return to the lot. The cab costs around $30 I believe.

We stayed at the Homewood suites by the airport. The room was fantastic as it was a separate bedroom, kitchenette and sitting area, a TV in both areas, buffet and drinks in the evening. We got the cruise and park package that included shuttle to the cruise port. The package charges more than it would be without it. It cost us $35 for a cab back. The cost of the room and cab back was about the same as parking at the port would have been. We needed a room the night before so it was worth doing this as it was for a 14 day cruise, for a 7 day cruise it wouldn't be worth it. Just suck it up to the cost of traveling and not worth the inconvienance to save a few dollars if any.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We stayed at the Homewood suites by the airport. The room was fantastic as it was a separate bedroom, kitchenette and sitting area, a TV in both areas, buffet and drinks in the evening. We got the cruise and park package that included shuttle to the cruise port. The package charges more than it would be without it. It cost us $35 for a cab back. The cost of the room and cab back was about the same as parking at the port would have been. We needed a room the night before so it was worth doing this as it was for a 14 day cruise, for a 7 day cruise it wouldn't be worth it. Just suck it up to the cost of traveling and not worth the inconvienance to save a few dollars if any.

happy cruising

We just booked the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. I am assuming this is the same hotel you stayed in and have a few questions for you as I called the hotel and spoke with someone who didn't really know much about the cruise package so I would like some answers from someone who has been there done that. Appreciate any insight you can give me.

You took a cab back from the ship - I was told they had a shuttle both ways included in the price. Was there a reason you took a cab? Was the wait too long after the cruise? What time do the shuttles start running to the ship?

We also have a 14 day cruise and will be parking our car. Any concerns leaving the car? Is the area ok?

Sorry for all the questions but any info would be greatly appreciated!

I know of no Miami hotel offering free shuttles back from POM to your car - too many ships and too much variety in offloading times, customs delays, etc. As mentioned above the cab from POM back to Blue Lagoon should be about $25-27+tip.

The Blue Lagoon area is a nice area near the MIA airport with several hotels and office buildings, plus a strip mall about a 5-10 minute walk from your hotel (across the street from the Hampton Inn). We feel safe walking back from the mall to the hotel in the dark. It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

For those who use the Port of Miami a lot, do you have a recommended parking lot?

We're going on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Reflection on Jan 23, 2016.

Except for price, I like the idea of parking in the Port of Miami garages that are inside the gates. I don't like the high price.

There will be a parking garage for your ship at POM - look for the signs telling you which berth your ship is at. Some park and drag their bags to the porters, some drop bags with the porters and then park - your call.

Parking at POM is $20/day :( but it is covered, convenient and secure. :cool: