Port of Miami pre-cruise hotel...help!

Poop_Deck

While we have cruised out of the Port of Miami many times, we have always flown in the same day- so have never needed hotel accomodations. This time we will have kids in tow, so thought it best to get there the day before to avoid some of the 'traveling with kids' chaos:cool:.

I have been looking at hotels, but am not really familiar with the area. We will not have a car, so don't want to be too far from the port. Safety is also a concern. I was hoping to get some feedback on the 3 hotels I have in mind so far:

• Marriott Biscayne Bay
  • Hyatt Regency Miami
  • InterContinental Miami

Any and all info welcomed!

I've stayed at the IC a few times and have really enjoyed it. It's a nice, clean hotel with a nice pool area right on the Bay. Bayside Marketplace is a quick walk through Bayfront Park and is basically an outdoor mall which may be enjoyable for the kids.

I don't know enough about the other two hotels to make any suggestions. I have friends who have stayed at the Marriott Bicayne and like it there.

I stay at the Doubletree next to the Marriott when in Miami on business - nice hotels and nice area. IC and Hyatt are also popular with cruisers and reasonably close to Bayside with lots of dining options. You might also look at the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell -lots of shopping and dining options nearby plus the rate includes "free" breakfast which can save you $$ with kids in tow.

I stay at the Doubletree next to the Marriott when in Miami on business - nice hotels and nice area. IC and Hyatt are also popular with cruisers and reasonably close to Bayside with lots of dining options. You might also look at the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell -lots of shopping and dining options nearby plus the rate includes "free" breakfast which can save you $$ with kids in tow.

Thank you-I will check out the Hampton Inn as well!

how far from bayside market place is the hampton inn brickell

10-15 min walk or an under $10 cab ride - but with so many bars and great dining options in the Mary Brickell area (where the hotel is located) why go to Bayside? :confused:

Edited by JohninDC

It's not listed for the three you are considering but we have Hampton Inn Blue Lagon booked for both of our cruises this year. They offer free van/shuttle pick up from MIA to their hotel which was a perk for us. Plus the free breakfast with our girls. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Need advice about staying at the Double Tree Miami Airport and Convention Center on 72nd Ave. We are thinking about staying there for a Pre-Cruise.

How far away from the Port of Miami are they? Is it close to dining places?

Appreciate any input if someone is staying there or has stayed there.

Thank you

10-15 min walk or an under $10 cab ride - but with so many bars and great dining options in the Mary Brickell area (where the hotel is located) why go to Bayside? :confused:

this is great advice! You can also take the people mover to Bayside if you are really dying to go there.

Blue Lagoon hotels are fine if you are arriving late, but there's not much there to keep her kids entertained if she is arriving earlier in the day.

We ended up choosing the Marriott Miami/Brickell area. Is this a better location than Blue Lagoon? Information states its 2 miles from the pier, and appears to be close to restaurants/shopping, etc.

We ended up choosing the Marriott Miami/Brickell area. Is this a better location than Blue Lagoon? Information states its 2 miles from the pier, and appears to be close to restaurants/shopping, etc.

Yes - downtown with lots of dining and nightlife options.

Airport area hotels are fine if you are arriving late and just want a room and maybe dinner, but if you have the time you should get out to experience some of the nicer areas of Miami.

Thanks John

How about Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South?

If you are looking for budget options near the MIA airport with free airport and port shuttles both the Springhill Suites Medical Center and La Quinta East are often suggested - fine if all you want is a room and maybe delivery pizza for dinner.

Yes - downtown with lots of dining and nightlife options.

Airport area hotels are fine if you are arriving late and just want a room and maybe dinner, but if you have the time you should get out to experience some of the nicer areas of Miami.

Thank you! Your feedback is appreciated!!

If you are looking for budget options near the MIA airport with free airport and port shuttles both the Springhill Suites Medical Center and La Quinta East are often suggested - fine if all you want is a room and maybe delivery pizza for dinner.

There is also the comfort suites Miami airport north. It does not seem fancy by any means, but we just need a place to sleep, get us from the airport, And to the port in the morning. They also have a free hot breakfast… For $109... Not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed at Embassy Suites last year and are staying there again in August. Large pool and they offer bar and food service poolside. Every night they have a 1 1/2 hour manager cocktail party with open bar and munchies. They are two room suites. Free breakfast with everything you can imagine. Has a cruise package they will pick you up at airport and also take you to the ship

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Is that the marriot, or the marquise marriot that is brickell??

Is that the marriot, or the marquise marriot that is brickell??

It is a Courtyard Marriott. There seem to be 3 Marriotts within that general area. We were originally going to book the one on Biscayne Bay- but it was ~$50 more/night for the same general room.

It is a Courtyard Marriott. There seem to be 3 Marriotts within that general area. We were originally going to book the one on Biscayne Bay- but it was ~$50 more/night for the same general room.

Haven't made a final decision yet, but thinking of going with hampton inn in brickell. I see they are opening a Homewood Suites in downtown/brickell area in July

Haven't made a final decision yet, but thinking of going with hampton inn in brickell. I see they are opening a Homewood Suites in downtown/brickell area in July

I didn't even know that. It is in Brickell, but a bit out of the way. It's close up by 95. That neighborhood is busy being rebuilt so a lot is changing.