Online Check-in

sharkaymon

Go for it! I started the process for my Oct 5 cruise but am waiting for the bank to send me a card to replace the one that will expire between now and then. Can't yet fund my S&S account, but all the other info is in.

I do it as soon as I book the cruise. Even if final payment hasn't been paid yet.

Agreed! It is not like the airlines where you checkin 24 hours early. I have 4 cruises booked up until Sep 2015 and I've checked in on all of them. You can't finalize your boarding pass until after final payment.

And it doesn't even matter if you don't give them all the "correct" info. I've flown to cruises but filled out that I was driving the day of just to skip all that info. Not sure why they need to know my flight into San Juan the day before my cruise. It's not like I booked cruise air through them (in which case they would have the details, anyway!).

And you can change your onboard account info at any time, too. Even at check in or after you board.

But I usually wait until a month or two prior to sailing.

I just wish more of the info was retained in my profile. When you sail multiple times a year, having to fill it all in again is silly. Most of it should proforma and you should just need to change what has changed!

But that reminds me - I've done my 11/1 sailing, so I may as well do my 11/29 sailing. It's just one more thing I can get out of the way! :D

How early may I do this for my September 14th sailing? :D

Immediately after you book your cruise you can fill out the online check-in; however, if you plan to fly to and from your cruise and/or plan a pre-cruise stay, wait until you have that information. By giving Carnival that information, they can keep you informed if anything happens and advise you of any issues. For example, if you have an early flight home, Carnival will give you debarkation luggage tags with an earlier debark time if they know your flight info.

Have a great cruise!

As soon as you were paid in full. I don't cruise till next FEB but already checked in, luggage tags printed (no chance for me to be moved) and everything in my notebook.:D

You don't have to wait until paid in full to complete check in. Check in is available as soon as the booking appears under your profile, which is usually immediately after booking directly with Carnival or as soon as your travel agent gets the confirmation back a few minutes after booking. You just can't print your boarding pass until final payment.

Agree... You can do it immediately after you book the cruise up until the day of. I would make sure it is done at least a week in advance.

MUST be done more than 72 hours BEFORE you cruise.

I do my "check in" the same day I make my final payment.

Edited by Rok4u2