Parking Manhattan terminal

spacewoman

Probably addressed many times here on the boards but new to us. We have previously used limo services but the prices are outrageous

Appreciate answers to the following questions

Current prices are $40 a day?

Do we need to call in advance?

Thanks to all for your assistance

Yes $40/day. If you are on the NCL Gem, they often have coupons on their web site that reduce the price, so keep checking.

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

No calling in advance.. Just show up and park. It's incredibly convenient.

You didn't ask, but don't pull up where the porters are to drop your luggage off before you park, or the driver will have to exit the cruise terminal and go all the way around the streets again to get to the parking level. Just follow the signs for parking; after you park, you'll take your bags to be checked down the elevator and give them to the porters.

Just FYI - please call ahead 212-641-4441 the MCT parking operator to ask and reconfirm if the 25% off discount coupon -specific to the Norwegian GEM cruise sailing only, is still being honored now/on your date of sailing this year (2017). Coupon is here (been posted previously by a # of CC'er) - print & bring along and present to cashier when entering before payment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deopmx4ut51ndku/MCT_parking-Gem-2016.pdf?dl=0

There is a report from someone who just returned this month (NCL Gem pax) that it is no longer accepted & honored, and that the program has been discontinued. We will be sailing on the Gem in a few weeks and will try to find out from our Roll Call if anyone is going to use it ... our own plan is to use Carmel & leave ours in the driveway.

Rates posted on MCT's official website still showing 2016 prices @ $40 daily for parking, taxes included & no surcharges for suv, minivans pickup trucks, etc. - height limit does apply (I believed it's 82" H).

One nearby option is (was ?) Park Right @ W. 43rd Street - reserve/book in advance for $28 per 24 hours (surcharges might apply to certain vehicles) - another is supposed to be Circle Line pier parking, details are somewhat unclear

Just FYI - please call ahead 212-641-4441 the MCT parking operator to ask and reconfirm if the 25% off discount coupon -specific to the Norwegian GEM cruise sailing only, is still being honored now/on your date of sailing this year (2017). Coupon is here (been posted previously by a # of CC'er) - print & bring along and present to cashier when entering before payment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deopmx4ut51ndku/MCT_parking-Gem-2016.pdf?dl=0

There is a report from someone who just returned this month (NCL Gem pax) that it is no longer accepted & honored, and that the program has been discontinued. We will be sailing on the Gem in a few weeks and will try to find out from our Roll Call if anyone is going to use it ... our own plan is to use Carmel & leave ours in the driveway.

Rates posted on MCT's official website still showing 2016 prices @ $40 daily for parking, taxes included & no surcharges for suv, minivans pickup trucks, etc. - height limit does apply (I believed it's 82" H).

One nearby option is (was ?) Park Right @ W. 43rd Street - reserve/book in advance for $28 per 24 hours (surcharges might apply to certain vehicles) - another is supposed to be Circle Line pier parking, details are somewhat unclear

Just an observation...as I recall the parking coupons published on nycruise.com always had an expiration date. It's very easy to edit an "official" coupon, remove the expiration date, create a new .pdf document and upload it to Dropbox. IMO this coupon is likely not legit (it says "Summer Sale" in very large type... last I checked spring started only about 48 hours ago), and as you note someone has already reported the coupon will not be honored. My expectation is the coupon will be declined if presented, but I suppose they're not going to arrest anyone for trying ;p .

Just an observation...as I recall the parking coupons published on nycruise.com always had an expiration date. It's very easy to edit an "official" coupon ... My expectation is the coupon will be declined if presented, but I suppose they're not going to arrest anyone for trying ;p .

NJH - ha ha, not going to edit that but if someone ... nevermind ;p This was uploaded by someone else to share, I have an earlier one with an expiration date on it. This undated one apparently has been used as recently as March 10, 2017 GEM sailing & accepted.

Here's that review just posted - #2, 2nd. paragraph (plus a bonus tip bring BYO canned soda & bottled water)
We had the special Gem parking coupon and it was accepted no problem.
Breezed right thru security, paid corkage on my 3 bottles of wine and proceeded to check-in ... after security, there's a concession stand where you can purchase a few food items as well as....cans of soda and bottled water!

Pier parking is still under-utilized but easier for us to get dropped off and/or do a booking on Carmel. $40 a day is expensive to most but actually not the wrost parking deal in NYC. Not sure if anyone on our Roll Call planning to park there - 2 families coming from Ontario so they might be doing the hotel-n-parking deal or the ferry parking special. If I hear anything from them, will bring the info back and share.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably addressed many times here on the boards but new to us. We have previously used limo services but the prices are outrageous

Appreciate answers to the following questions

Current prices are $40 a day?

Do we need to call in advance?

Thanks to all for your assistance

mi

I completed a 7 day cruise on NCL BREAKAWAY March 19-26. I used PARK JOCKEY. Initially I booked at the Silver Towers garage on 42nd Street for $140.00 for the week. After learning about 42nd Street being closed for the NYC half marathon on March 19, I cancelled and then booked on 57th street for $175.00.

Booking through Park Jockey was easy. I was able to cancel my 42nd Street reservation via email, and received my refund on my credit card a few days later.

When I arrived at the 57th street garage, the attendant took my voucher, redeemed it, and gave me a small card that fit in my wallet. Dropping off and picking up my car only took less than 10 minutes each time.

mi

I completed a 7 day cruise on NCL BREAKAWAY March 19-26. I used PARK JOCKEY. Initially I booked at the Silver Towers garage on 42nd Street for $140.00 for the week. After learning about 42nd Street being closed for the NYC half marathon on March 19, I cancelled and then booked on 57th street for $175.00.

Booking through Park Jockey was easy. I was able to cancel my 42nd Street reservation via email, and received my refund on my credit card a few days later.

When I arrived at the 57th street garage, the attendant took my voucher, redeemed it, and gave me a small card that fit in my wallet. Dropping off and picking up my car only took less than 10 minutes each time.

How did you get from 57 street to the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

On the Park Jockey voucher, they give you a free ride code to use for Uber to and from the terminal. We had planned to Uber, but due to all of the traffic congestion on 12th Ave and all the streets nearby, we walked to the Breakaway, which was docked at 48th Street. We were not the only ones walking. We also heard many stories of people getting out of their cabs, and started walking.

On disembarkment day, I planned to use the free Uber ride, but my wife got impatient with my Uber skills, so we took a cab, which cost $5.00 plus tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

On the Park Jockey voucher, they give you a free ride code to use for Uber to and from the terminal. We had planned to Uber, but due to all of the traffic congestion on 12th Ave and all the streets nearby, we walked to the Breakaway, which was docked at 48th Street. We were not the only ones walking. We also heard many stories of people getting out of their cabs, and started walking.

On disembarkment day, I planned to use the free Uber ride, but my wife got impatient with my Uber skills, so we took a cab, which cost $5.00 plus tip.

Thanks for your honest answer. This gives folks the information so they can decide if this option is the right choice for them.

mi

I see 2 57th st garages. Was it the 601 or 625 one?

To LilBxQt;

I used the parking garage at 601 West 57th Street. It's actually the garage for a large high-rise on the NW corner of 57th and 11th Ave. You enter just off of 11th Ave.

Thank you! This looks to be the closest one and one of the more inexpensive ones! Perfect!

Thank you! This looks to be the closest one and one of the more inexpensive ones! Perfect!

I'm glad that I could help.

Please note, I originally reserved through Park Jockey at Silver Towers on 42nd Street. I chose Silver Towers because the garage is also part of a high rise. The rate was $20.00 per day. Also, since I had planned to come into NYC via the Lincoln tunnel, I was going to enter Silver Towers on 41st Street, and then go to the terminal. I cancelled that reservation because 42nd Street was going to be closed due to the Half Marathon.

NOTE TO ALL: Regardless of which garage you decide to use, use Google to get some photos of the garages. I decided on Silver Towers and 601 West 57th Street because they are part of a high rise. Photos of some of the other garages made them look like hole-in-the-wall garages.

Edited by Budski54
Wanted to add cost of parking