Where do I find the past passenger perks

oofroggie

I am a 5 star mariner on Holland America but looking to start cruising with Cunard as a change of pace. I need to know what are the perks to returning passengers

It is not clear if you think that you can receive "perks" on Cunard as the result of your cruises on HAL.

If this is your thinking I regret to tell you there is no carry over. On Cunard you would be a first time passenger .

After your first cruise you will be given a number and will become a returning passenger on your second trip with Cunard.

You may or may not find the "perks" rewarding. Some have conditions attached that render the "reward" useless, i.e when you eventually get a laundry perk, you will find that you can only use it if you have spent all the OBC you may have.

Cunard is similar to HAL, in many ways, perhaps just a tad more formal.

If you have no cruises with Cunard before embarking on the World Voyage, you will make platinum on the World Voyage. They will leave a note in your stateroom at the start of a segment when you move to the next level.

The full World Voyage is the only time Cunard advances you while still on the ship (not having to wait for your next cruise).

You need 150 nights on board to be diamond.

Edited by Scrapnana

I am a 5 star mariner on Holland America but looking to start cruising with Cunard as a change of pace. I need to know what are the perks to returning passengers

Hi oofroggie. From what I've been reading, cruise lines are in a state of evolution when it comes to cross-over perks from one cruise line to another. To the best of my knowledge, there are no perks from Holland America to Cunard, while Cunard passengers who are first time passengers on Holland America are invited to luncheon on embarkation day, which I found very hospitable on my first HAL voyage.

My suggestion is that you phone Cunard and ask what benefits you might enjoy as a dedicated Holland America passenger considering a Cunard voyage. Perhaps things have changed - they always do :)

Best wishes,

Salacia

You need 150 nights on board to be diamond.

"Diamond - fifteen voyages or 150 nights" http://www.cunard.com/already-booked/cunard-world-club/benefits/

So, passengers booking two night cruises in Europe (those short cruses are not available on this side of the Pond) would be Diamond members after spending 30 nights on board, after booking 15 voyages. What that means, long term for the Cunard Line, I do not know. But, clearly, you do not need to spend 150 nights on board to reach World Club Diamond Level.

Edited by Salacia

"Diamond - fifteen voyages or 150 nights" http://www.cunard.com/already-booked/cunard-world-club/benefits/

So, passengers booking two night cruises in Europe (those short cruses are not available on this side of the Pond) would be Diamond members after spending 30 nights on board, after booking 15 voyages. What that means, long term for the Cunard Line, I do not know. But, clearly, you do not need to spend 150 nights on board to reach World Club Diamond Level.

That doesn't appear fair. How do they work that one out ? They either use nights on board or voyages booked.

I hadn't realised that you had to be on the full world cruise before receiving your benefits. We will progress to Platinum on our next cruise as part of the world cruise but will have to wait until we book another cruise is that right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That doesn't appear fair. How do they work that one out ? They either use nights on board or voyages booked.

I hadn't realised that you had to be on the full world cruise before receiving your benefits. We will progress to Platinum on our next cruise as part of the world cruise but will have to wait until we book another cruise is that right?

Life isn't fair but when it is their ball, it's their rules!

Life isn't fair but when it is their ball, it's their rules!

Oh yes it is their rules. They don't have to do anything. Which begs the question as why do they bother? To attract customers to come back? Unless they get this marketing ploy right they will find it won't work and fairness does come into the equation when customers are considering their next cruise.

Oh yes it is their rules. They don't have to do anything. Which begs the question as why do they bother? To attract customers to come back? Unless they get this marketing ploy right they will find it won't work and fairness does come into the equation when customers are considering their next cruise.

Most repeat passengers on Cunard sail with them for the experience. The loyalty perks are a plus so the company has no real need to change their programme. We'll sail with them Newbie, Silver or Diamond.

Most repeat passengers on Cunard sail with them for the experience. The loyalty perks are a plus so the company has no real need to change their programme. We'll sail with them Newbie, Silver or Diamond.

I have sailed with Cunard on one other occasion and it was a good experience therefore we decided to sail again. We have sailed on P & O on two occasions which was also good. My point is if customers do not perceive it as being fair to all, it would not encourage me to return. I also think that perks should be swapped between lines from the same company. However my first consideration is where the ship is going, the perks probably come way down the list.

Cunard lines are a business and they do it to encourage returning passengers, that is fine but 30 days onboard as opposed to 150 nights and both type of passengers get the same perks seems unfair and quite frankly unprofitable. The passenger who is onboard for 150 days will have spent considerably more that the short cruise returnees.

I am told that I will need to settle my onboard account several times during our cruise I might insist that Cunard award upgrade our perks at the same times lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is correct - either 15 segments or 150 nights, whatever is reached first.

I'm in two minds on the subject of when "going Diamond" should "kick in", can see both sides, and have no answer.

On one hand...

It is a loyalty scheme, to reward passengers who repeatedly book Cunard.

So the person who achieves "Diamond" status by booking fifteen voyages, no matter how short, has shown loyalty and commitment to the line over a period of time.

The person who books a single world cruise (plus a couple of connecting crossings, or cruises) may indeed, in a very short time, record 150 nights on board and achieve "Diamond" level quickly. But they may never book another trip with Cunard ever again. Is that showing "loyalty" and should it be rewarded?

And on the other...

As Salacia correctly points out, someone who books only fifteen trips of only two nights duration each "cruise" is then elevated to enjoy the full benefits of "Diamond" status. Is this fair?

Whilst it can take the commitment of someone spending huge sums of money and several months at sea to achieve a similar level. They should be rewarded.

Two friends of mine, both "Diamond" (one did a mixture of shorter cruises over many years, the other did one world cruise and a segment) both argue that the other cheated and has only "Faux" Diamond status. They each accuse the other of "fast-tracking" themselves to the exalted level. One by not having spent 150 nights on board, the other for only making 2 voyages!

I don't take sides and keep out of the "discussion", but as the good cap'n says, those are the rules! ;)

Happy sailings to all :)

Edited by pepperrn

You get a Gold Membership Pin for two voyages or 20 nights. A gold pin ? China's finest tat more like !
Ah well Mr. Toad, you have hit on another very valid point, given what benefits or "perks" you get in return, is it really worth worrying about? (the free internet time is the only thing I really enjoy having).

As a fellow passenger said at a dinner table one evening "When I think how much money this shoddy little pin has cost me over the years... " :eek:

Edited by pepperrn

I have sailed with Cunard on one other occasion and it was a good experience therefore we decided to sail again. We have sailed on P & O on two occasions which was also good. My point is if customers do not perceive it as being fair to all, it would not encourage me to return. I also think that perks should be swapped between lines from the same company. However my first consideration is where the ship is going, the perks probably come way down the list.

Cunard lines are a business and they do it to encourage returning passengers, that is fine but 30 days onboard as opposed to 150 nights and both type of passengers get the same perks seems unfair and quite frankly unprofitable. The passenger who is onboard for 150 days will have spent considerably more that the short cruise returnees.

I am told that I will need to settle my onboard account several times during our cruise I might insist that Cunard award upgrade our perks at the same times lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do see what you mean, but what I'm trying to say is I'd sail with Cunard anyway.

As for number of days v number of cruises, let's throw amount spent into the ring.

Two x ten day cruises in a Q1, Cunard Fare v fifteen short trips, Saver Fare. Fair?

Don't know and don't care. It is what it is.

All these loyalty extras are just that. Extras. If we get them, fine, if we didn't, we'd still sail with the company because the ships and cruising style are the only factors which influence our choice of cruise.

That choice is Cunard. :)

Edited by Victoria2

I'm in two minds on the subject of when "going Diamond" should "kick in", can see both sides, and have no answer.

On one hand...

It is a loyalty scheme, to reward passengers who repeatedly book Cunard.

So the person who achieves "Diamond" status by booking fifteen voyages, no matter how short, has shown loyalty and commitment to the line over a period of time.

The person who books a single world cruise (plus a couple of connecting crossings, or cruises) may indeed, in a very short time, record 150 nights on board and achieve "Diamond" level quickly. But they may never book another trip with Cunard ever again. Is that showing "loyalty" and should it be rewarded?

And on the other...

As Salacia correctly points out, someone who books only fifteen trips of only two nights duration each "cruise" is then elevated to enjoy the full benefits of "Diamond" status. Is this fair?

Whilst it can take the commitment of someone spending huge sums of money and several months at sea to achieve a similar level. They should be rewarded.

Two friends of mine, both "Diamond" (one did a mixture of shorter cruises over many years, the other did one world cruise and a segment) both argue that the other cheated and has only "Faux" Diamond status. They each accuse the other of "fast-tracking" themselves to the exalted level. One by not having spent 150 nights on board, the other for only making 2 voyages!

I don't take sides and keep out of the "discussion", but as the good cap'n says, those are the rules! ;)

Happy sailings to all :)

All good points as usual Sgt Pepper[emoji6] I was looking at from a commercial point of view as I assume Cunard do. More nights on board more revenue both In terms of fare profit and money spent on board. They only do to make money, I know I am a cynic[emoji3]

... All these loyalty extras are just that. Extras. If we get them, fine, if we didn't, we'd still sail with the company because the ships and cruising style are the only factors which influence our choice of cruise. That choice is Cunard. :)
VERY well said, thank you :) .

Ah well Mr. Toad, you have hit on another very valid point, given what benefits or "perks" you get in return, is it really worth worrying about? (the free internet time is the only thing I really enjoy having).

As a fellow passenger said at a dinner table one evening "When I think how much money this shoddy little pin has cost me over the years... " :eek:

Indeed. I've just read this list of perks again for each level and I can't get excited by any of them really.

Indeed. I've just read this list of perks again for each level and I can't get excited by any of them really.

I would assume that priority during embarkation is for MDR passengers quiet an advantage. I myself do make excessive use of the internet allowance and the laundry discount as well as the free lunches in the speciality restaurants.

Indeed. It is not the perks that make me return. But it's a nice extra.

Edited by cunardaddict