Where do I find the past passenger perks

oofroggie

Perhaps Cunard could open the restaurant for all Britannia passengers who are members of the CWC.
On some itineraries that could mean a significant fraction of the passengers. On the Brooklyn Christmas embarkation the check-in queue for Platinum guests is sometimes longer than the non-Platinum check-in queue. I'd rather the Britannia waiters were busy getting everything - provisions and luggage - safely aboard.

On some itineraries that could mean a significant fraction of the passengers. On the Brooklyn Christmas embarkation the check-in queue for Platinum guests is sometimes longer than the non-Platinum check-in queue. I'd rather the Britannia waiters were busy getting everything - provisions and luggage - safely aboard.
Similar happened on the WB QM2 10th Anniversary crossing on May 9th. The "priority" check-in area in the Ocean Terminal was rammed, the "mere mortals" section had tumble weed blowing around :D . Edited by pepperrn

wow all these mean comments! no wonder the scots are upset with the Brits and want there independance- from an american african born in africa and now proudly stereoptype american african!!!

Ooooo sensitive subject. Think we might wait till Friday before we determine whether our brethren in Scotland do wish to part company with rest of the UK😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

wow all these mean comments! no wonder the scots are upset with the Brits and want there independance- from an american african born in africa and now proudly stereoptype american african!!!

I've never really looked to see who makes the mean comments. Do you mean there is actually a national demographic? I'll have to start a spreadsheet to see where the mean ones are located. ;)

What about the nicest ones? We might even find that the nicest people and the meanest ones come from the same location. :D

I take it you are familiar with the terms "condensing" and "superior" ?

Condensing? Is this some arcane British euphemism? If so, please elucidate. I assure you that in the normal sense of the word, I am not condensing. Quite to the contrary, I have to fight hard to avoid expanding.

Superior to whom and in what field? I am certain that each of us is superior to almost everyone in some endeavor and inferior in others. I for instance am an excellent cook, I write and speak well, I am an amazing gardener and a very good dancer. I suck at table tennis and bridge. We all have our niches.

I have absolutely no idea on earth what a Brit would mean by "Stereotypical American" so I googled it and must say that I fail wholly to meet any of those descriptions. I never go to Starbucks or eat at McDonalds. I did once use the ladies room at McDonalds in Paris. ;)

Edited by PunkiC

Superior to whom and in what field? I am certain that each of us is superior to almost everyone in some endeavor and inferior in others. I for instance am an excellent cook, I write and speak well, I am an amazing gardener and a very good dancer. I suck at table tennis and bridge. We all have our niches.

What's this ? A sarcastic comment ? I didn't think you would stoop so low.

Apart from any other reasons, if others followed your example the ship would soon look like a Sicilian apartment building. Most apartment buildings here do not allow it as it is unsightly and usually only seen in low income areas.

Just after WWII when people didn't own much lingerie hanging outside signalled "I can't go out with you!"

What's this ? A sarcastic comment ? I didn't think you would stoop so low.

No, Mr. Toad, there is no sarcasm in that comment. Every word is as serious as a heart attack.

Perhaps as the late George Bernard Shaw never said, England and America are two countries divided by a common language.

Oscar Wilde is, however credited with saying, "We really have everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language".

I am amused that so many of you are obsessed with my hand laundry, but am certain that the Captain wasn't even remotely interested. He was, however, interested in the excessive fees that BA charges for first-class award tickets from LHR to SEA, possibly because he lives in the UK and works for a company that is based in Seattle, actually just down the hill from where we live. I am certain that Cunard must supply his ticket if they require his presence at headquarters, but I have no idea what class ticket they provide a Captain. I assumed that he was using his miles to get an award ticket for his wife to accompany him when he visits our fair city, which is very lovely indeed.

For those of you unfamiliar with the BA fee structure, they charges something like $1,400.00 in taxes and fees for a first-class international ticket, whereas most other airlines charge somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 for the same taxes and fees.

Well, I do wonder just how many air miles a sea captain would accumulate. I would assume, with Cunard, that the captains wife would always board and disembark in Southampton.

With all those world cruises, it's hard to imagine that either the captain or his wife would feel that Seattle is a "must do as a couple" city. Please don't misunderstand, I know Seattle is lovely but I don't see the draw for world cruisers.

I have no idea how many miles he had, how he accumulated them, or how he intended to use them, however, he must have had enough to have tried to book a BA first-class award ticket because he was well aware of the excessive fees and taxes.

When he is required to visit Cunard headquarters in Seattle, why wouldn't he want to bring his wife? I have lived all over the USA and chose Seattle for my home because IMHO it is the most lovely city in the country. DH was born in Anacortes (80 miles north of Seattle), attended the University of Washington here in Seattle, and he would never move. There aren't that many places in the world where you can ski and sail on the same day. Last spring, we often skied in the mornings and then came home and worked in the garden in the afternoons. There also aren't many places in the country that aren't either excessively hot in the summer or excessively cold in the winter, or both.

We obviously love cruising, but it is not the only way to travel. In addition to all of the cruises we have taken, we have also flown over 2,000,000 miles, which is a totally different type of experience from cruising. I think that if I worked on a ship, or DH worked on a ship, I would very much look forward to flying to my destinations when we had time off.

Perhaps as the late George Bernard Shaw never said, England and America are two countries divided by a common language.

Oscar Wilde is, however credited with saying, "We really have everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language".

That is very true !

In fact, I was on the QM a few years ago (going to NY and back) and there was a lecture given by someone from Oxford or Cambridge University (I forget which) on the very subject. He started off with the obvious ones, i.e different words for the same thing or words that mean different things in either the UK or US. He went further into inference and how lots of meaning is inferred in language in the UK, but how in America language is much more literal. His lecture was very well received by all.

That is very true !

In fact, I was on the QM a few years ago (going to NY and back) and there was a lecture given by someone from Oxford or Cambridge University (I forget which) on the very subject. He started off with the obvious ones, i.e different words for the same thing or words that mean different things in either the UK or US. He went further into inference and how lots of meaning is inferred in language in the UK, but how in America language is much more literal. His lecture was very well received by all.

Sounds like something I would really enjoy. I will keep my eyes open for something like this on our next Cunard cruise in November.

"Diamond - fifteen voyages or 150 nights" http://www.cunard.com/already-booked/cunard-world-club/benefits/

So, passengers booking two night cruises in Europe (those short cruses are not available on this side of the Pond) would be Diamond members after spending 30 nights on board, after booking 15 voyages. What that means, long term for the Cunard Line, I do not know. But, clearly, you do not need to spend 150 nights on board to reach World Club Diamond Level.

I'm just catching up with this thread. I was surprised to see this. I think it's a policy change. I thought it used to be that minicruises of 4 or fewer days (not sure of the exact number) did not count toward world club levels. This may be back when it was figured only by voyages and not days. Does anyone else remember this?