Divina Cabin question

KellyW25

Hello,

I have a cruise coming up on the Divina in November, and have been assigned cabin 10029. I can't seem to find any specific information about this cabin such as the location (good or bad), overhang, noise, etc. I've never been so far forward on a ship, so I'm also wondering if I will feel a lot of movement.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin, or close to it?

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

Hello,

I have a cruise coming up on the Divina in November, and have been assigned cabin 10029. I can't seem to find any specific information about this cabin such as the location (good or bad), overhang, noise, etc. I've never been so far forward on a ship, so I'm also wondering if I will feel a lot of movement.

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

Go to ************* web site. Follow the prompts and when the Divina comes up, go to deck plans.

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

What date are you sailing? How and when did you find out your room assignment? (I assume you were on a guarantee booking?)

Edited by jkgourmet

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

Your cabin is 191 sq ft and a balcony of 42 sq ft and you should have a sofa bed.No noise issues unless it comes from the neighbors and a good clear vision out on your balcony.

Edited by riclop

Your cabin is 191 sq ft and a balcony of 42 sq ft and you should have a sofa bed.

Thank you. I think I may try for a cabin more center or closer to aft, but if I'm unable to move, I guess I'll find out how the location is. I don't often get seasick, but on my May cruise, we had a rocky day and my sister's far forward cabin was not a good place for me. I couldn't get out of her cabin fast enough!

Thank you. I think I may try for a cabin more center or closer to aft, but if I'm unable to move, I guess I'll find out how the location is. I don't often get seasick, but on my May cruise, we had a rocky day and my sister's far forward cabin was not a good place for me. I couldn't get out of her cabin fast enough!

Good luck!!!

Your cabin is 191 sq ft and a balcony of 42 sq ft and you should have a sofa bed.No noise issues unless it comes from the neighbors and a good clear vision out on your balcony.

t\he balcony ís an in-hull metal style balcony

100229.jpg

Pete

Sharonsorlie wrote

Hi Skier - would you have any info on Cabin 9080 just been assigned it?

This is a standard cabin 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony, and it has a double sofa bed.

the balcony is the metal "in hull" design

see image

9080.jpg

Pete

Kelly, I'm on the same cruise. You won't be in your room much. I think the solid wall on the balcony might be annoying if you want to sit on the balcony in the morning but it's not a deal breaker. I would get a patch if your think you might be seasick. The bow is bouncier than any other part of ship but it will be a short cruise. I wouldn't worry about it. The cabins are very nice.

We have just been assign 9080 balcony - I went back in your reviews and I must have missed your comments or pictures of steel balconies - are they smaller than the glass ones?

Page 5 > Post #98

9080 is standard size (~39 sq.ft.)

Great views, good location.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kelly, I'm on the same cruise. You won't be in your room much. I think the solid wall on the balcony might be annoying if you want to sit on the balcony in the morning but it's not a deal breaker. I would get a patch if your think you might be seasick. The bow is bouncier than any other part of ship but it will be a short cruise. I wouldn't worry about it. The cabins are very nice.

Hello! I'm normally not so picky about my cabins (although I am usually mid ship). I like to be closer to the aft so my coffee is closer in the morning, lol. My niece gets a little queasy being far forward. The booking company did give me a different cabin, 9138. It does happen to be a handicap accesible room, but I won't mind the extra floor space. I would imagine if someone turns up needing a handicap cabin, I would be moved out.

Are you part of the Celtic Thunder booking, or with one of the other invited groups?

Kelly

Kelly, I with one of the other groups, MOR alumni but have also done Cruise to the Edge. Looking forward to the Celtic music too. I'm doing both MOR and CTTE next year. Have you heard of any theme nights or anything interesting about the cruise? If your niece gets queasy, be sure to get a prescription patch for her just to be safe. She will need two.

I'm with the Celtic Thunder crowd. My niece and I went on last year's cruise, it was a fun time. I wasn't going this year, then I won a very reduced fare through a drawing they were having. It was pretty much an offer I couldn't refuse, :)

On last year's cruise, they had theme nights, Celtic Thunder t-shirt night, green night...and I forget what else. Wit this year having a mix of groups, I'm not sure what they will plan. Not much has been said by the CT management so far.

I'm with the Celtic Thunder crowd. My niece and I went on last year's cruise, it was a fun time. I wasn't going this year, then I won a very reduced fare through a drawing they were having. It was pretty much an offer I couldn't refuse, :)

On last year's cruise, they had theme nights, Celtic Thunder t-shirt night, green night...and I forget what else. Wit this year having a mix of groups, I'm not sure what they will plan. Not much has been said by the CT management so far.

On this cruise also. Great price, and waiting for some information

Going 12/13 got assigned 12160 and 12339 Any info?

12160 is a small balcony cabin on the central hump

148 sq ft (124sq ft living space ; 24 sq ft bathroom) balcony 34 sq ft

12339 DOES NOT EXIST, I suspect you've made a typo

if you mean 12239 it is a standard balcony of 192 sq ft (168sq ft living; 24 sq ft bath) balcony 42 sq ft

it is in the deep recess between the central hump and the rear hump so will have limited fields of view and will be affected by the shadow of the deck 14 overhang

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 1 month later...