Bar Hop excursion or do it ourselves??

CruiseGirl3434

We will be on the Carnival Victory in 10 days :D and we are in Key West from 9am til 2pm....wondering if we should do this bar hopping excursion the ship offers or just roam the city ourselves?? This will be our first time in Key West! Thank you

I always think that for first-timers the bar-hop is better than wandering around. They get you to and into several bars and, more importantly, they get you out of one and into the next. It not all that expensive, you get to see a variety of places, and you still have some time left over to explore a little on your own or to go back 'cause you forgot that T-shirt.

Pjk

Key West is FULL of bars...it is quite a safe port & very easy to get around. There are no language barriers, major safety concerns. There is no reason to pay the ship to do something you can easily do yourself!

I understand doing excursions if safety, language or accessibility are a concern; or specialty excursions, such as swimming with the dolphins or ziplining--but for something like a bar crawl, do it yourself (UNLESS you are planning on drinking FAR too much...then the excursion MIGHT be a good idea;))

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Carnival pub crawl in Key West last October. It was great fun! I would recommend this excursion, the guide was fun of stories and we felt like we got a GREAT value for our money.

This was not our first trip to Key West, 3rd actually, all the others, we just wandered around, the excursion was much more fun. The bar operators were all friendly and I'm sure they love these tours.

• 6 months later...