Your (re)views on P&O's land-side service, please.

Canuker

Selbourne, that was uncalled for. If you know "how feedback works" then why make the comment in your original post that "I don't believe that they genuinely act upon the feedback" and then reply sarcastically when someone posts a comment about it?

Oh dear. I think you've had a sense of humour failure.

I try not to be one of those who goes out of their way to be offended, or to pick a fight, but seeing as you are taking me to task for my tongue in cheek comment I shall have to respond.

You clearly think that, in spite of my 21 years cruising experience with P&O, I am either clueless as to how the feedback questionnaires work or plain stupid. Frankly, I doubt that anyone using these forums would genuinely think that P&O would change something based on one persons feedback alone, so your decision to feel the need to (wrongly) correct me was a little patronising.

It might help if you had properly read what I said. In discussing feedback forms, I said (and you quoted) that they don't act upon THE feedback. Had I been seriously suggesting that P&O should act solely upon one individual, I would have said that they don't act upon MY feedback. So I stand by my comment.

Oh dear. I think you've had a sense of humour failure.

I try not to be one of those who goes out of their way to be offended, or to pick a fight, but seeing as you are taking me to task for my tongue in cheek comment I shall have to respond.

You clearly think that, in spite of my 21 years cruising experience with P&O, I am either clueless as to how the feedback questionnaires work or plain stupid. Frankly, I doubt that anyone using these forums would genuinely think that P&O would change something based on one persons feedback alone, so your decision to feel the need to (wrongly) correct me was a little patronising.

It might help if you had properly read what I said. In discussing feedback forms, I said (and you quoted) that they don't act upon THE feedback. Had I been seriously suggesting that P&O should act solely upon one individual, I would have said that they don't act upon MY feedback. So I stand by my comment.

No sense of humour failure from me, just a comment from you that came across as sarcastic rather than tongue in cheek. Interesting though it may have been to address your accusations, I will not do so. Just as you stand by your comment, I stand by mine.

No sense of humour failure from me, just a comment from you that came across as sarcastic rather than tongue in cheek. Interesting though it may have been to address your accusations, I will not do so. Just as you stand by your comment, I stand by mine.

Very wise. There are several on here who can pick a fight in an empty room. We need not be amongst them. Have a good evening.

Very wise. There are several on here who can pick a fight in an empty room. We need not be amongst them. Have a good evening.

Oh Selbourne you always make me smile with your much loved diplomacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not very good. I got an email saying not very long until your Easter cruise to Bruges. Odd as I am going to Norway a week later. Also I have been waiting for over three months for a confirmation for my booking in 2018. I believe it should be no more than 28 days. I hope they do better on the ships.

Not very good. I got an email saying not very long until your Easter cruise to Bruges. Odd as I am going to Norway a week later. Also I have been waiting for over three months for a confirmation for my booking in 2018. I believe it should be no more than 28 days. I hope they do better on the ships.

I've always had an email confirmation of my booking (made directly with P&O rather than through a TA) within a matter of hours. I'd suggest contacting P&O to make sure that they have a record of your booking.

I've always had an email confirmation of my booking (made directly with P&O rather than through a TA) within a matter of hours. I'd suggest contacting P&O to make sure that they have a record of your booking.

Thank you. We are in the Voyage Personsliser so I assume we are booked. I have only paid a small deposit so I am not too worried. Like you say the P and O confirmation is usually emailed very quickly after booking.

Best wishes, Stephen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to call P&O Customer Support as we have to cancel our cruise planned for July. After waiting for a response to Option 5 part 2 or whatever it is for over 30 minutes (at almost 4p per minute) I have given up. They were much quicker when I booked the cruise ;)

Should I just not pay the final balance and forget it?

Paul

I have been trying to call P&O Customer Support as we have to cancel our cruise planned for July. After waiting for a response to Option 5 part 2 or whatever it is for over 30 minutes (at almost 4p per minute) I have given up. They were much quicker when I booked the cruise ;)

Paul

If it's as urgent as this I would never bother with going to a different option on the phone, just go through to the the booking people and tell them.

Paul

There is a free phone number for P&O listed as a 'stickie post' at the top of the board. They may not answer sooner but at least it won't cost you.

My tip is to select the option that you want to book a cruise, they answer that number quickly and generally seem to be able to transfer you or help.