On ship in ports.

cadamson

What is there to do if you decide to stay on ship while in a specific port? We haven't decided yet if we will, but wondered what activities were offered. I know people have done this so please share what you did. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is there to do if you decide to stay on ship while in a specific port? We haven't decided yet if we will, but wondered what activities were offered. I know people have done this so please share what you did. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked the Horizon next May for the ship, not the ports. Amber Cove is one of our ports and we'll probably stay on the ship, enjoy the Serenity Deck and/or the Spa, do the ropes course, and probably the hi riding bike.

Not much goes on, on the ship while it's in port. Some bars are open, the pool and other outdoor activities are open, the spa is open with discounts.

It's basically a nice relaxing quiet day to enjoy the ship without 3-4000 other people running around.

On our next cruise (in 6 days!!!) We plan on staying on the ship in 2 of the 3 ports. Well have fun on the waterslides, enjoy a clamshell on serenity, swim in the pool and just enjoy the quiet.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

We sometimes just get off and look at the port shops and go back to the ship. The Serenity deck is wide open, excellent bar service, and the pool areas are quiet. We enjoy the ship. We prefer ships with more sea days.

As far as organized activities there isn't many during port times as these are times some of the crew gets a break and is able to get off the ship as well. I usually stay on at Freeport and it makes for a great day, the Serenity area is usually empty so you can sit where you please, and it's very quiet around the ship.

We stayed on the ship in the Dominican a few years back and enjoyed a basically empty ship.

While there's not many "organized" activities, the ship is pretty much yours.

No lines for food, no looking for chairs, no lines at the bars.........

The pool is pretty much all yours........

It's just a nice quiet day on the ship........

Enjoy!!!!!

On our last Western Caribbean cruise we had been to all the ports several times and for the first time ever we never go off the ship. And it was actually one of our favorite cruises. We went to the spa for the specials, enjoyed serenity, no lines for food, worked out in an empty fitness center, enjoyed the port views from our balcony and relaxed.

Cheers and happy cruising.

Thanks all!! I have been tossing it around about Cozumel since I have been there a couple of times and will be there again in January. Since I've thrown in a little five day before that cruise I will be "in Cozumel" again this August.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums