Hyatt Place at 17th St, can I walk to Total wine and more?

mkkao924

I just changed my reservation from Hyatt Place airport and cruise port to 17th St. Convention Center due to its location.

Since this is our pre-cruise stay, and we won't arrive FLL until 8:30pm anyway, so the convenience is the key.

I want to buy some wines at Total Wine and More for our cruise. I can see from Google Maps that it's really close in terms of point to point distance. However, from the ariel view, I can't really see if I can walk through the office building (Fraser Yachts?!)'s parking lot and get to the plaza directly.

What's your opinion?

When we have stayed at Hyatt Place, we have walked to the Harbor Shops; from the hotel, walk towards the back to Embassy Suites, and follow the back fence by Fraser Yachts. One time, there was construction blocking our walking route, so we took the longer route, heading to the main street. Otherwise the "back route" works.

With a couple days pre-cruise, we now rent a car for the convenience of visiting friends/family/tourist places. We always stop at Publix for a few snacks and water bottles, then to Total Wine for the hotel and cruise. Carrying the multiple wine bottles gets a bit heavy.

Darcy

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is our pre-cruise stay, and we won't arrive FLL until 8:30pm anyway, so the convenience is the key.

I want to buy some wines at Total Wine and More for our cruise.

I don't know your travel dates but should you be departing on a Sunday, do not wait until that morning to buy wine since it can't be sold in Fort Lauderdale before noon!