Private Shuttle or Taxi

andymattmom

We are cruising in January and when we return there are only 3 ships in port (Everglades). We need to get to FLL airport to catch are flight. Currently I have a reservation for a private shuttle to pick up our family of 4 at FLL and take us to Port Everglades and pick us up and take us from Port Everglades to FLL. The cost is 100+ tip. I know it is more than a taxi BUT my concern was trying to get a taxi ASAP from Port Everglades to FLL to catch a 1045AM flight (I know this has been discussed about catching early flights but with only 3 ships and it being a Monday we are going to try).

I would prefer to go the cheapest route (from reading a taxi would be about $20 or so?). We will have a rental car to return to FLL since we are flying in the day before to MCO. It is also possible that one of us can drop 3 people and luggage off at Port Everglades and return the car to FLL and take a taxi.

Now after all this ramble my question is how hard is it to get a taxi at Port Everglades (we plan on self debarkation and lining up earlier than the announced time to get off the ship ASAP). I'd prefer to save the extra money if a taxi isn't that hard to get and is significantly cheaper.

Thank you.

we got off the Eurodam yesterday about -8:15 8:30 & at FLL before 9am

would have been there sooner except moron took our bag & we had to wait for them to figure out to read the name tag & return it to baggage area :eek:

walked out then across to the taxi stand & no waiting

$14.50 + tip

the issue you may have is not the number of ships in port but the immigration officials

They were suppose to start walk offs about 7:15 am but the ship had not been cleared until about 7:40 then they went pretty quickly but you still had to line up to clear through the officials in the port building

I would go with the taxi. When we cruised out of PE, we did self assist and we were off the ship and at the airport before 8am. We also took a taxi as there were plenty waiting. I have heard that sometimes there can be a wait for taxis but I think it tends to be when there are many ships in ports, also when the mega ships are there. Also, if you self assist, you will beat the majority of the crowds off the ship. You should be ok with a taxi, I feel like the private car is a waste of money!