Majestic coming to Austarlia

She was built for the Asian market....wonder if there will be any changes for her Australian season.

Great to get a new ship.

mj-majestic-princess-1600.jpg

Guests 3,560 Crew 1,346 Built 2017 Less Facts

Inaugural Cruise: April 4, 2017

Christener: TBA

Number of Cabins: 1,780

Number of Decks: 19

Tonnage: 143,700

Length: 1,083 feet

Height: 224 feet

No Wheelhouse Bar!

No Crooners!

The only bars on deck 7 are the Crown Grill & Bar, and (presumably) one in the Vista Gaming Lounge.

They will definitely have to make changes. Can you imagine 3500+ thirsty Australians without enough bars? There would be a mutiny on the first Australian voyage. ;p

As I predicted and following on from insider info.

Just received e-mail stating Majestic will be cruising out of Sydney Sep 2018 through March 2019.On sale 27th april 2017

.:)

Thanks Mrs and Mrs for the info:D

I knew something was happening re the coded bookings at OPT from 15th September........then there are too many bookings for one ship.

I predict Golden from LA, based in Melbourne, and Diamond from Japan arriving about mid November as the December Japan cruises were cancelled.

It is awesome that we are getting a new build though. However, unless they make some changes, I have doubts as to how successful she'll be down here. She is heavily customised for the Chinese market - gaming areas, karaoke rooms, different restaurants, and not enough bars for our region. I like the sound of some of the Asian restaurants though - as long as they don't dumb down the recipes.

Rumour has it that Lee Lin Chin will be the Christener.

A zip line will be set up from the top of the Opera house to the bow in a novel way for her to crack the Porphyry Pearl.

It appears though the Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moore has her nose out of joint, saying that if anyone but her is going to be wearing a bike helmet with a bottle of sparkling affixed to it in her city that it will be over her cold lifeless dead body !

Go Lee Lin...

1438784100107.jpg

It is awesome that we are getting a new build though. However, unless they make some changes, I have doubts as to how successful she'll be down here.

Yep.

I would have far preferred Majestic to Singapore and Sapphire down here.

Yep.

I would have far preferred Majestic to Singapore and Sapphire down here.

I think that was the original plan as they had bookings in Freemantle and Melbourne which co incided with it's departure in Singapore, but they have since been cancelled.

Melbourne still shows all the Sapphire bookings, but I am sure it will change to Golden as there are Papeete bookings which match up at that time.

Just got off the phone to Princess and they confirmed Diamond will also be here for a short time while the Majestic is here. The girl I spoke to said they all only just found out this morning too.

I would also prefer the Sapphire, but will see what itineraries are offered for the Majestic, or maybe a flight to Singapore for the Sapphire:D

Bookings open 9an Thursday 27th April.

From what I've heard the first cruise is a 6 night Tassie one. Balcony cabins from $1499pp.

That's not a bad price.

Six nights probably includes Port Arthur, too many passengers in my opinion.

We've already got cruises booked up to March 2019 but I might try to sneak in a short cruise on Majestic, just to try the ship, if the prices aren't too expensive.

Tassie always attracts me as a sampler.

But tendering at Port Arthur was awful on Emerald, especially when the sky opened, and extra 500 passengers, I'm hesitant.

Tassie always attracts me as a sampler.

But tendering at Port Arthur was awful on Emerald, especially when the sky opened, and extra 500 passengers, I'm hesitant.

I'd be happy to just play it by ear. If I can get off without too much hassle I'll go ashore, otherwise I'll just stay onboard.

I'd be happy to just play it by ear. If I can get off without too much hassle I'll go ashore, otherwise I'll just stay onboard.

Getting back on, when there was a sudden downpour and little shelter to line up in, was the problem.

I'd like to try it, but do seriously believe many of the ships are too big for Australian cruises.

Strewth just the situation with docking in zsydney is bad enough. White Bay is all but obsolete because the big ships can't get in.