NY solos who cruise from NY terminal.

cruiseelady

So I thought why not start a thread to see how many New Yorkers are there who cruise solo and from NY terminal.

I figured maybe some of us actually like to meet and in a way get aquatinted with each other. That way we may cruise the same sailing but not as roommates. I mean just knowing someone on a cruise might be a bit more fun then not knowing anyone at all. Not that I am saying solo cruise is not fun :)

So I thought why not start a thread to see how many New Yorkers are there who cruise solo and from NY terminal.

I figured maybe some of us actually like to meet and in a way get aquatinted with each other. That way we may cruise the same sailing but not as roommates. I mean just knowing someone on a cruise might be a bit more fun then not knowing anyone at all. Not that I am saying solo cruise is not fun :)

Do you have a cruise booked out of NY? Unless you are just looking

to chat with other Nyer's on here?....if you want to meet other solo

cruisers then you would need to to put the ship and date for your

specific cruise.

Do you have a cruise booked out of NY? Unless you are just looking

to chat with other Nyer's on here?....if you want to meet other solo

cruisers then you would need to to put the ship and date for your

specific cruise.

No I do not have specific date or cruise planed.

It's funny. I live in Manhattan and yet only 3 of my prior 27 cruises have been out of NY or Port Liberty.

I've done the NE/Canada trip twice and Bermuda once. I'm not that enamored with the itineraries. So much of the world to see!

Yes I agree itineraries are not the best, but it does have pluses, especially when you don't feel like flying, I am not a very big fan of it.

But I have done many cruises from other ports.

Well, I don't live in NYC anymore but will be sailing out of Manhattan in January. I now hail from North Texas where it is still in the 90's daily. However, with family still in the city, I do not have to worry about a hotel pre- or post- cruise. That saves a lot since hotels are expensive there.

Well, I don't live in NYC anymore but will be sailing out of Manhattan in January. I now hail from North Texas where it is still in the 90's daily. However, with family still in the city, I do not have to worry about a hotel pre- or post- cruise. That saves a lot since hotels are expensive there.

That's nice, when I cruise from a different port then my own, I never stay in a hotel. I fly in the same day and leave at the end of the cruise.

That's nice, when I cruise from a different port then my own, I never stay in a hotel. I fly in the same day and leave at the end of the cruise.

I guess it depends on the individual's stress coping skills :) .. I tend to worry that something will go wrong... like bad weather that will close the airport. We tend to have freaky ice storms in January and February. But there is always the case where something mechanical can keep a plane from flying. So, I generally go in a day early just to make sure the ship doesn't sail without me.

I guess it depends on the individual's stress coping skills :) .. I tend to worry that something will go wrong... like bad weather that will close the airport. We tend to have freaky ice storms in January and February. But there is always the case where something mechanical can keep a plane from flying. So, I generally go in a day early just to make sure the ship doesn't sail without me.

You are right, I just try not to sail during the months when it can snow. But you got a good point. I noticed you will be going on Breakaway in 2016. To Bermuda by any chance? I never been there and am thinking of doing a Bermuda cruise, not sure when but its definitely on my cruise list.

I noticed you will be going on Breakaway in 2016. To Bermuda by any chance? I never been there and am thinking of doing a Bermuda cruise, not sure when but its definitely on my cruise list.

Nope. Haven't been to Bermuda yet. Don't know when I will be ready to stay in one place for 3 days as the only port of call. I'll be doing a 14 day to the Southern Caribbean in January.

Edited by IrieBajan54

I also live in NYC but have yet to take a cruise from here. I find that when I want to cruise (winter months) it just doesn't make sense. I want to get to the warmth asap and cruising takes too long. I have thought about doing a fall foliage cruise one of these years up to Canada, but I feel like I'm too young (early 30's).

I also live in NYC but have yet to take a cruise from here. I find that when I want to cruise (winter months) it just doesn't make sense. I want to get to the warmth asap and cruising takes too long. I have thought about doing a fall foliage cruise one of these years up to Canada, but I feel like I'm too young (early 30's).

I did a Canada 5 day cruise in my mid 30s it was ok, not that exciting, but it was no a bad cruise. I think it depends on what you like not what age you are. I just love the warm Caribbean and Bahamas. I also did an Alaska cruise, that actually I loved, even though it was not Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my 3rd solo trip on Breakaway for the 1st trip of the year to the Bahamas. Leave in a few weeks. Have also done the Disney Magic with family and am booked on the Magic next October with my mom for her 65th Birthday. Obviously not a solo trip but just 2 of us. Sisters are teachers and all the kids are high school now. I live in Westchester so nothing more convenient then a quick trip down the West side Highway.

• 2 weeks later...

wrote long poem here, though you were on nov 23rd Gem, but I guess I was mistaken :)

Oh, .... you still have time to book it :)

Edited by DavidDT

This will be my 3rd solo trip on Breakaway for the 1st trip of the year to the Bahamas. Leave in a few weeks. Have also done the Disney Magic with family and am booked on the Magic next October with my mom for her 65th Birthday. Obviously not a solo trip but just 2 of us. Sisters are teachers and all the kids are high school now. I live in Westchester so nothing more convenient then a quick trip down the West side Highway.

Oh that's fun, I never been on Breakaway. Next year probably to Bermuda or Bahamas and will be going solo.

wrote long poem here, though you were on nov 23rd Gem, but I guess I was mistaken :)

Oh, .... you still have time to book it :)

"wrote long poem here" lol, who me? did not! :)

I was actually booked on the Nov 23 cruise, then I canceled in August and decided to go in the end of August which I did, NCL Gem. But now I am considering going on it, but I will book it last minute as I usually do, the price should go all the way down.

"wrote long poem here" lol, who me? did not! :)

I was actually booked on the Nov 23 cruise, then I canceled in August and decided to go in the end of August which I did, NCL Gem. But now I am considering going on it, but I will book it last minute as I usually do, the price should go all the way down.

I meant I wrote long poem...now I know that I am not the most confused person on the face of the Earth (like Kramer)...

balconies are $999 now and the rumor has it - cruise is severely undersold...please do book - I need to know that there is going to be one beautiful Lady under 85 on this cruise...

I need dancing companion :)

( wait...I do not dance???)

I meant I wrote long poem...now I know that I am not the most confused person on the face of the Earth (like Kramer)...

balconies are $999 now and the rumor has it - cruise is severely undersold...please do book - I need to know that there is going to be one beautiful Lady under 85 on this cruise...

I need dancing companion :)

( wait...I do not dance???)

Oh, well thank you for the compliment, but didn't you say you are going with 2 twenty year olds in each arm :)

I actually will need a dance partner, if you don't dance I suggest you start learning how to shake what your mama gave you ; )

I will be dragging you to the dance floor every evening, so get your rest till then ha ha.

I cannot beat the convenience of sailing out of a home port, which for me is Cape Liberty. However, I could swing NYC as well. the only problem with NJ an NYC ports are the limited Itineraries unless you are willing to go on 10 and 12 day cruises.

I cannot beat the convenience of sailing out of a home port, which for me is Cape Liberty. However, I could swing NYC as well. the only problem with NJ an NYC ports are the limited Itineraries unless you are willing to go on 10 and 12 day cruises.

Yes, you are right, not a large variety of different ports to choose from. But I have to say even Nassau and Port Canaveral, could be a lot of fun if you pick the right excursion or the right activity to do. I know most people on cruisecritic are not big fans of Nassau Bahamas, but I always find fun things to do, even solo. In August I was Nassau and decided to try the Blue Lagoon excursion, wow loved it so much. A real paradise!

As for 10-12 day cruise, I personally have no problem with them, as longs as its cheap. This Nov 23 cruise with NCL Gem is going to be a cheap one, I can feel it. Right now both inside and oceanview is $699, I bet it will go down to 500, I am just waiting it out. Frankly even $699 is a fantastic price for a 10 day cruise.

Edited by cruiseelady

I can't complain when the 12 days itineraries are to hot/warm places in the Carbibean during winter in NYC. :p Especially when its a birthday - I can't wait for my 12 day in November/December!:D

I can't complain when the 12 days itineraries are to hot/warm places in the Carbibean during winter in NYC. :p Especially when its a birthday - I can't wait for my 12 day in November/December!:D

yeah 10 and 12 day cruises would be nice if I could take that many consecutive days off from work. though for the moment I think 9 day cruises are my limit.

maybe one of these days i will take a birthday cruise.. but my birthday is very close to the beginning of summer. which generally mean higher prices.

yeah 10 and 12 day cruises would be nice if I could take that many consecutive days off from work. though for the moment I think 9 day cruises are my limit.

maybe one of these days i will take a birthday cruise.. but my birthday is very close to the beginning of summer. which generally mean higher prices.

Yeah, the one of the few good perks of being a winter baby- cheap cruise fare and dibs on take vacation right after Thanksgiving week. I have "use it or lost it" timeoff of about 28 days - so I use it.[emoji39] No one argues with me about it because they already use it up for the spring break, summer time, Thanksgiving week and/or Christmas/ New Year's. Plus I preschedule it months in advance, in the company vacation system / calendar. [emoji16] Best work fringe benefits ever, lol.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...