Possible Flight disruption

Well boy 91

For anyone flying to join Ventura shortly,please be aware that scientists in Iceland are warning of a volcanic eruption.Seismic activity has increased at the site of a volcano.. Strong earthquakes have been recorded. The volcanic alert system to airlines has been raised.

If booked through the cruise company you should be fine - financially anyway although they can't offer flights that do not exist of course and I am not sure how you would be placed if you are late back, and had other expenses - loss of employment etc.

Anyone with an independently booked flight would be in a different situation, unless their travel insurance covers them - I know our travel insurance now covers people who book travel items separately, (rather than as a package when the travel company will be responsible anyway). Not sure if we would need to pay a supplement to the insurance though and it would depend on the terms of the travel insurance so always worth reading about what is, and is not, covered on your travel insurance.

Edited by tring

Bit early to start getting worried don't you think ? Could blow in a another direction and I sure there was somthing on tv not long ago that it's safe for comercial planes to fly through the dust now as long as the engine fins are given a extra type of check

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bit early to start getting worried don't you think ? Could blow in a another direction and I sure there was somthing on tv not long ago that it's safe for comercial planes to fly through the dust now as long as the engine fins are given a extra type of check

Must admit I was thinking something like that myself before posting, but I still like to think myself that we have checked we would be OK if something does happen.

Edited by tring

Here we go..........two hundred posts about a very minor possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Grumpy, you still smarting about the fact that King Richard is going to be buried in Leicester and not York? :D

As someone who was grounded in Turin by the last eruption in 2010, and spent three days, and nearly £1,000, trying to get home, most of which we didn't get back, it pays to be a bit cautious over a potential new threat, so less of the cynicism if you please.

Mr Grumpy, you still smarting about the fact that King Richard is going to be buried in Leicester and not York? :D

As someone who was grounded in Turin by the last eruption in 2010, and spent three days, and nearly £1,000, trying to get home, most of which we didn't get back, it pays to be a bit cautious over a potential new threat, so less of the cynicism if you please.

Here here.

The last volcanic erution in 2010 cause severe flight disruption all over Europe we were on Azura maiden voyage and some of the entertainers couldnt get flights home and ones joining the ship couldnt get flights to the ship in the Med so jeanlyon is wrong in saying it will only affect Glasgow/Edinburgh flights.

The problem would be that once planes start getting delayed or grounded, the knock on effect is that none of the aircraft or crews are where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there. If you get what I mean :D

Lets hope things calm down, and everyone can stop worrying

According to the BBC News this morning, its active, but not fully erupting yet. Its had a small eruption under the ice, and has gone to red alert.

They have closed the airspace over the site, but the airports in Iceland are still open.

Lets just hope its a small one, and therefore steam, and the prevailing winds will be kind.