Not Thomsons but .....

HI peeps, as the weather is turning cold thought I'd best amuse myself with a bit of ship research and found this little gem of a tv series from 2009.

The ship was docked opposite us when we were on the Dream and she looked big but very smart..The Costa Serena.

We don't think it would be for us but the series follows the crew, not the passengers,showing the fantastic effort put in to making a holiday for us whilst onboard.

So when you (or other half) yells Nothings on the TV..Have a look at this.

I wish Thomson Cruises would film a series like this for us to watch (hint :) )

Sorry to those who may have seen it ( unlike us on free view ) but thought it would be good to share with you.

It can be found on You Tube....

To start you off here's a link Honeymoon season :D

Starts with episode 1 " Honeymoon season" through to episode 6

2 "inspectors onboard "

3 "Magic and Mayhem "

4 "Rock Concert"

5 "Dirty Dancing"

6" Final Countdown"

Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

Kalos,

very interesting, now have downloaded too many meagabytes and have exceeded my allowance :rolleyes:

Kalos please keep your input on this forum (unlike RR who has gone to FB?) :confused:

have not been on forum as usual:cool: due to my dear mum who left us at 88 yrs ,anyway onwards and upwards :)

Stevie

Kalos,

very interesting, now have downloaded too many meagabytes and have exceeded my allowance :rolleyes:

Kalos please keep your input on this forum (unlike RR who has gone to FB?) :confused:

have not been on forum as usual:cool: due to my dear mum who left us at 88 yrs ,anyway onwards and upwards :)

Stevie

images.jpg

Take care Stevie . Sorry about your loss :(

Thank you all to good peeps on this forum for your kind thoughts

we are the best forum by far:)

Stevie

onwards and upwards

ps did anyone watch the doc re will.iam and Joanne Lumley on BBC 1 friday 28 th

Never been a fan but thought he is a very kind nice man

Kalos - many thanks for the link to the 'Cruise Diaries' series.

Over the past 6 days we have watched an episode a day in the run up to our cruise on the Majesty going tomorrow. The programme has really got us in cruise mood.

Thanks again.

Thinking about the behind the scenes films - recently on our local TV was a short series on 'Sea City' centred on Southampton. If anyone can pick it up on Catchup (perhaps only shown in the South) it might be worth watching. I think it was last Sunday BBC2 4.15 so may be available for a few more days.

This particular prog showed the showteam (the Headliners) preparing for their season on P&O and Cunard. It was very interesting indeed but did emphasise to us the difference in standard between the training, quality and standard compared with that delivered to Thomson by Peel. I'm not saying the youngsters weren't working really hard or putting their all into it but the production standards just weren't in the same league imo which was our impression of the entertainment when we were travelled with P&O. The absence of harmonies and slick, exciting choreography were the most noticeable differences.