Barcelona

bslowry

I think our flight was about 11:00. We were stuck because we got an invitation to a wedding after we had booked the cruise, so our best choice was the early flight. We did self debarkation and took a taxi to the airport. I believe it was just less than a 30 minute drive. By taking a taxi, you get dropped off right at the door for your airline counter. The counters for the U.S. airlines open 2 hours before the flight. We had to sit around for about half an hour before the counter opened. I think the ship might have gotten to Barcelona the night before, so that took away the possibility of a problem getting to port late (I always balance in all the what ifs.)

It was a long walk through the airport to the gate, but there were many signs in English telling you where to go.

I know they say the airport will be a zoo, but I always thought that maybe what we experienced was the difference between the Spanish or Portuguese airlines and the U.S. airlines.

I would do this early time again. We have learned to pack light so that we can do touring before and after European cruises and handle our own luggage. I do not think I would do this if I had to rely on a ships shuttle bus.

We just did this today. Our (Choice Air) flight was 10:00. We did self disembark and were at the airport by 7:30. Plenty of time. Btw there were 4 ships in port this morning including the Allure and we (the Vision) were at a commercial pier.

10:50 is doable. [emoji106]

(Not related but-Our flight ended up being cancelled and we are still in Barcelona overnight...)

(Not related but-Our flight ended up being cancelled and we are still in Barcelona overnight...)

Were you unable to get on another flight today because of restrictions on your Choice Air ticket, i.e., non-endorsable and/or non-reroutable, or was it your choice to stay overnight?

It looks like AA 67 to JFK had a series of delays according to flight stats and they did not actually cancel the flight until around 2:30 PM.

Correct! And I might add that AA stinks at customer service.

No, the rescheduling was all done by AA so we didn't rely on Choice Air. There were so many people that needed to rebook, and by the time we got up to the counter, there wasn't anything available.

Also, note to self... Always pay for the international cell phone plan...

If I could have made calls we might have gotten a better option sooner than having to wait the 5 hours that it took.