Rita's lobster

Jiffymom

I never heard about Rita's lobster shack. Can anyone give me info?

Price, Is it meals or just appetizers. Do you need reservations. This sounds interesting can't believe I have not heard more.

Where did you here about it first? :confused:

I still have not done a review of our recent Canada trip on the Brilliance- but on the trip, we did go to Rita's Lobster Shack.

Basically, RCI is looking at making an itinerary specific restaurant- Lobster in the north, Mexican in the Caribbean.

But, to the Lobster Shack- it's a full menu- the items are charged per item, but there's an option to have a app, lobster, and desert.

The food is actually quite good. We ate a ton.... One nice thing- the sea food is quite fresh- they load it pretty regularly.

anyway, we very much enjoyed ourselves, and were pretty much the only ones up there. Seems like they need to do a better job telling people that there's an option up there- it's just outside of the Windjammer. Yes, outside, aft. Nobody knows it's there, and even fewer know that the food is fresh.

edit- forgot that they had some unique cocktails, too. Just for that bar.

ON THE OTHER HAND.... since most people are eating sea food on the shore, well, it's hard to argue. The prices were pretty similar to on shore, but most people would probably want a lobster roll in Bar Harbor, or a BIG LOBSTER plate in Portland. So there's that, too.

None the less- we would do it again. Our food was quite comparable to the food we got in Bar Harbor.

When it gets back to Ritas Cantina when she gets to Tampa- not sure what the food will be.

The word needs to get out more- so many more used Chops than that, it wasn't even funny.

Edited by alfaeric

I took pictures of it on the Brilliance 3-weeks ago. Basically they slap a sticker over the word "Cantina" and serve up Lobster in Alaska and Canada/New England. Every time we went by it, it was empty. For breakfast it was used as overflow seating for the Windjammer.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0560_zps7ab92892.jpg

IMG_0559_zps25804db8.jpg

IMG_0558_zps62c22fc9.jpg

On the October 12th sailing, it was Rita's Cantina, not Rita's Lobster Bar. The nachos looked pretty good but the place was empty pretty much all week other than when it was used for breakfast seating.

Another oddity. I had commented about the movies being drastically different between the Oct 5th sailing and Oct 12th sailing on another thread. I'm wondering why they made so many changes!!

Edited by smileyperry

Another oddity. I had commented about the movies being drastically different between the Oct 5th sailing and Oct 12th sailing on another thread. I'm wondering why they made so many changes!!

Not sure why things were so different. Both cruises went to the same ports but not in the same order. You would think things would be basically the same, but they weren't.