Hotels to stay in San Francisco

curleyjane

You might want to do a search on this thread as this topic has been previously discussed on multiple occasions. That being said the bulk of cruisers who want to be near the dock, pier 27, will gravitate to the hotels near fishermans wharf, marriotts, Tuscan etc. While not the fanciest places in the city they are a little lower in price and the wharf is in the heart of tourism. There are many restaurants though again not the 5 star variety in the area.

Hope you plan to spend at least a couple of days in the city, lots of things to see and do.

You might want to do a search on this thread as this topic has been previously discussed on multiple occasions. That being said the bulk of cruisers who want to be near the dock, pier 27, will gravitate to the hotels near fishermans wharf, marriotts, Tuscan etc. While not the fanciest places in the city they are a little lower in price and the wharf is in the heart of tourism. There are many restaurants though again not the 5 star variety in the area.

Hope you plan to spend at least a couple of days in the city, lots of things to see and do.

Thanks so much for your response! I will try the search for hotels.

We got a good price at Holiday inn Express, one block from the wharf area with tones of places to eat, about 3 blocks from the cruise terminal, so a great location for us. We went to a grocery store for some wine just around the corner. Taxi from the airport was almost as much as the room though! Oh well. m--

There are so many choices and I would not limit yourself to be right near the port. It's easy to get around the city and getting from a hotel that say is 20 minutes from the port is just a taxi ride away.

Start with a map and then look up various hotels.

Personally I would make use of trip advisor.

Keith

We stayed at Hotel Del Sol - about a 15 minute cab ride from the port. It was wonderful and in an area that had great local eateries, nice walk to Fisherman's Wharf, etc. I will definitely be staying there again!

We got a good price at Holiday inn Express, one block from the wharf area with tones of places to eat, about 3 blocks from the cruise terminal, so a great location for us. We went to a grocery store for some wine just around the corner. Taxi from the airport was almost as much as the room though! Oh well. m--

Thanks, we are thinking of staying here. Did you get a free breakfast buffet there? I read somewhere that you do. How did you get to the port? Did the hotel have a shuttle?