Thoughts on the fantasy upgrades

NOSaints1

With all the new fantasy upgrades is it worth it for you to book on them or do you think they should just get rid of them, or with the new upgrades it makes it look like a brand new ship and what's your favourite ship

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's made it more likely for me to book on them in the future. Prices continue to be pretty low on Fantasy-class sailings and the addition of some beloved FunShip features like Guy's really sweetens the deal for me.

I like the idea of a smaller ship with less walking, and I really love the Serenity area placement at the back of those ships, away from the wind and with a great view of the ship's wake......and hot-tubs that stay open until midnight.

I'm not sure why so many people hate on Fantasy class ships just because they are a bit older. I like the smaller ships ( actually when they debuted they were the mega-ships of cruising). I also like the Conquest/Triumph class ships.

Haven't been on one, but I don't like the idea of the Dream/Vista class ships. Seem like they would be way too big and crowded and take forever to get somewhere on the ship. Plus when it port there's that many more people to have to deal with crowding the port. Maybe somebody who has been on both classes can comment on how crowded the ships feel.

The only reason I could see Carnival start retiring the Fantasy class ships is because of their lack of balcony rooms. People who love balcony rooms always want balcony rooms so that demand my drive their extinction. Personally I don't care to pay so much more just for a balcony so inside rooms are inside rooms - all the same no matter the ship.

I'm not sure why so many people hate on Fantasy class ships just because they are a bit older..

I agree Initial....alot of people post things like "I only sail the newer larger ships"....i want to ask why? Alot of the older ships have gotten the 2.0 upgrades. I dont understand the mindset of sailing a ship based on how big it is or its age :confused:

Lately we have been doing more on the Fantasy class ships. With the 2.0 upgrades I actually like them about as much as the newer Vista/Dream class ships.

I have seen both size ship crowded. Basically, if they sail at full capacity either ship is gonna feel more crowded. The Fantasy class ships do tend to get more training staff, who it seems to me, work harder to get a good review.

The one thing I do find lacking is that there is no Steakhouse ( or really any premium dinning experience besides the chefs table). While I dont always want to eat at an up charge location, it is nice to have the option.

Lately we have been doing more on the Fantasy class ships. With the 2.0 upgrades I actually like them about as much as the newer Vista/Dream class ships.

I have seen both size ship crowded. Basically, if they sail at full capacity either ship is gonna feel more crowded. The Fantasy class ships do tend to get more training staff, who it seems to me, work harder to get a good review.

The one thing I do find lacking is that there is no Steakhouse ( or really any premium dinning experience besides the chefs table). While I dont always want to eat at an up charge location, it is nice to have the option.

I believe they do offer steakhouse selections in the MDR for a cost each night. I've never taken advantage nor have I eaten in a steakhouse aboard the larger ships.

Edited by Razor_Poke
grammar

I believe they do offer steakhouse selections in the MDR for a cost each night. I've never taken advantage nor have I eaten in a steakhouse aboard the larger ships.

You are correct.

For $20 you get a steak house selection... The cut is usually better than what is offered in the normal menu, however it is not the Steak house atmosphere or any of the apps/desserts that you get there..

I agree Initial....alot of people post things like "I only sail the newer larger ships"....i want to ask why? Alot of the older ships have gotten the 2.0 upgrades. I dont understand the mindset of sailing a ship based on how big it is or its age :confused:

I'd say it's the whole "keeping up with the jones'" mindset.

We have been on fantasy, triumph and dream class ships. We enjoyed them all. We like the smaller ships, 5 days cruises which for us is perfect and the value we get. We are going on the fantasy this oct and paid what we consider very little , we have spent more just getting away for the weekend in our home state. We like the dream but the value we get for a 5 day cruise on a smaller ship normally means we can cruise more than once a year.

What was your favorite area?

The best parts of a Fantasy class ship is the Serenity deck on the aft of the ship where you can see the wake of the ship, the outdoor dining areas where you can eat and look at the sea, and the atrium.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are they well kept some people say there floating rust buckets

Saw no rust on either the Imagination or Inspiration these past few months. But I wasn't looking for any either. lol

Are they all getting guys/blue iguana burritos

Think they are as they get rotated thru drydock. Our two on the West Coast have them. Sure do miss the chicken tenders and fries from the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first 2 Carnival Cruises were on the Inspiration and the Elation. After that we just kept getting bigger with the ships we sailed on Carnival with the largest being the Dream. DH loves the smaller ships as he doesn't like all the walking. I don't have a problem with it as it causes me to lose weight on every cruise :p. We currently have a cruise booked on NCL Escape in September and Carnival Fantasy in October. Talk about opposite extremes in terms of ship size. I guess this just proves that we do not discriminate on our cruise choices based on ship size or cruise line ;p.

We are on the Fantasy now. We booked it specifically because they added the 2.0 upgrades. The updates are nice but the decor is a bit darker than the other Fantasy class ships we have sailed on (Elation and Fascination).

I like the smaller ships for shorter cruises. We went on fantasy after cruising on Oasis and Freedom class ships and it's different but was very nice. The kids had fun, and my notoriously picky aunts really were surprised by the food. They normally cruise Holland America and Celebrity and had nothing but good things to say about the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the fantasy. sailed her twice out of Charleston. That was before the 2.0 upgrades. you won't find a prettier staircase than on the fantasy. That white marble is beautiful. Alot of people like to hate on the fantasy class ships. They have almost everything that the bigger ship has. It's just smaller with less people. If you can't find something to do on a fantasy class ship, then you are a debbie downer. I had a cruise booked on the dream(my favorite ship) and canceled it, and moved the booking to the inspiration, out of San Juan. Well there is no doubt the dream is the superior ship, I'm saving over 1200 dollars for a 7 day cruise it was a no brainer. We will have a great time, and guess what there's no 2.0 upgrades. My son also had a great time on the elation last year, with their old school into the pool waterslide(dang thing is a lot more fun than it looks)