Conquest vs Victory - Help for newbie?

jargey3000

Me, again... Considering 2 cruises in June: 5-day Conquest from FLL, 4-day Victory from MIA. First time on Carnival. (done RCL & Princess before) Ignoring ports of call , which boat do you think we'll be happier with (60+couple) , bearing in mind Conquest about $400 more cost... Commenta appreciated.

Somebody? :)

I believe that the Conquest will have more features than the Victory. Not sure what is important to do for you. Conquest will have a Steakhouse and I believe some Fun 2.0 features that the Victory will not have. I will take a look at the TA site and compare later if someone else does not chip in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks jim. But I guess i was thinking more about the overall "condition" of the 2 boats? Cleanlines, age, any refurbishing of rooms etc. We never go to the "pay' restaurants, and dont frequent many bars...but, I know that's imp. to a LOT of folks :)

Thanks jim. But I guess i was thinking more about the overall "condition" of the 2 boats? Cleanlines, age, any refurbishing of rooms etc. We never go to the "pay' restaurants, and dont frequent many bars...but, I know that's imp. to a LOT of folks :)

I am pretty sure they have both been they a refurb recently, but I can check later on the TA site. Close to the same age, Carnival as a rule keeps their ships up to snuff.

Sent from my iPhone

I have not been on the Conquest, but was on the Victory two years ago. It was fine then IMO. Was clean and well kept. It is very close to the same layout as the Conquest. I know they have been gradually updating the rooms, and not sure but think they may have completed that, so the rooms should all seem new and clean. I really liked the Victory. Was 58 then, and travelled solo, and found that I enjoyed the decks off the atrium on deck three, for quiet and reading. Only thing for me is that any cruise less than 5 days for me is too short, but that of course is up to the individual. All Carnival ships that I have been on though, are clean and well maintained. Im sure Conquest would be fine as well.

...jeez...it's hard to mak a decision around here...:)

Think we're goin' with Conquest. Airfare works out better for us, and ...no offence... but 5 days is PERFECT for me ...:) after that I start singing the refrain from the Beach Boys song "Sloop John B"! :)

I am pretty sure they have both been they a refurb recently, but I can check later on the TA site. Close to the same age, Carnival as a rule keeps their ships up to snuff.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks agin jim

BTW --- what's the "TA site" anyway?

If you do the Conquest, it would be worth it to try the steakhouse. It is well worth the extra charge and I believe you will find it one of the highlights of your cruise. She will be dry docked in September for refurbishments. After I booked this cruise, I was worried about the reviews saying that she badly needed to be refurbished. I was worried that my husband would not be happy with this older ship. But, he loved her. Although, she does need some TLC, we didn't seem to notice because we had such a good time!

If you do the Conquest, it would be worth it to try the steakhouse. It is well worth the extra charge and I believe you will find it one of the highlights of your cruise. She will be dry docked in September for refurbishments. After I booked this cruise, I was worried about the reviews saying that she badly needed to be refurbished. I was worried that my husband would not be happy with this older ship. But, he loved her. Although, she does need some TLC, we didn't seem to notice because we had such a good time!

What upgrades​is she getting??

Me, again... Considering 2 cruises in June: 5-day Conquest from FLL, 4-day Victory from MIA. First time on Carnival. (done RCL & Princess before) Ignoring ports of call , which boat do you think we'll be happier with (60+couple) , bearing in mind Conquest about $400 more cost... Commenta appreciated.

Victory is an old clunker.

We just booked Conquest for November. According to another website I use for deck plans, she is scheduled to drydock at the end of September. It says they will be adding an Adult Serenity area on the forward area of the upper decks. I love the hammocks and large covered chairs. Have a great trip whatever you choose!