toiletries

lynn2002

First time sailing with P&O. What toiletries do they provide in the bathroom? Trying to keep packing to a minimum.

shower gel in a bottle on the wall. small bottles of shampoo, conditioner,bath stuff, body lotion. from the white company.

I prefer to bring my own shampoo.

I think they will replace the cosmetics if there is evidence that the toiletries have actually been used, i.e. bottles three quarter emptied.

To my shame, I had to retrieve my purloined white company goods from my suitcase to use as they had not been replaced after 2 days :o

Edited by jasperado

I think they will replace the cosmetics if there is evidence that the toiletries have actually been used, i.e. bottles three quarter emptied.

To my shame, I had to retrieve my purloined white company goods from my suitcase to use as they had not been replaced after 2 days :o

At the end though you could take home what is left...maybe....

They do not replace any toiletries except for soap and shower gel in the actual shower what you get at the beginning of the cruise is it for the duration. None of The White Company products should be replaced if they are used and if they are then you are lucky to have a cabin steward that is not obeying company rules.

Where did the "stealing" part come into the equation P&Os rules are that you are provided with The White Company little bottles of hand lotion, shampoo and conditioner at the start of the cruise and if they are used they are not supposed to be replaced ours never have and we have usually used them by the end of the first week.

Your assumption and only in your mind did anyone mention stealing and if you think your cabin STEWARD is a servant then I think that says a lot about your attitude.

Edited by majortom10

Your assumption and only in your mind did anyone mention stealing and if you think your cabin STEWARD is a servant then I think that says a lot about your attitude.

Very well said. 'Servant' indeed! How offensive.

Just back from Arcadia , no problem getting another bottle of shampoo having used some of mine to wash a few smalls. 1 bottle not much for 2 people, my hubby has no hair:). I wash my hair everyother day so it is soon used up.

Sunny seas ;)

I don't normally respond to posts like this but for a relatively new member of CC I do wonder about the motives of your posts. I personally am offended for the many, many wonderful crew members we have met on many cruises and would class your comments as libel.

I think that you are on here to wind people up for a response ----

If this is the case I think you will find that CC and its many members are better than that.

Hmmm, I am wondering whether a previous poster that lived in leeds, went on a cruise and has not appeared since has returned. But I don't think he's that rich.