Anyone on the Legend in Alaska a week ago...

tea4ular

I saw on that other site that Carnival Legend passengers who were aware to leave their name/cabin # with guest services got a fabulous wake up call at 3 am-ish - the Northern Lights were happening.

I never knew you could get a wake up call if they spotted them from the bridge.

There are a few absolutely breathtaking pictures over there.

Yea and if you just even use the initials you will get a message telling you you've earned a bad person point and after so many your kicked off. I believe one of the reasons cruise critic has lost so many people who have now gone to the other side is their you can't say this and you can't say that. It's a public forum per say and should not be so strict. Anyways I still love reading on cruise critic but there is not much and roll calls have no activity .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yea and if you just even use the initials you will get a message telling you you've earned a bad person point and after so many your kicked off. I believe one of the reasons cruise critic has lost so many people who have now gone to the other side is their you can't say this and you can't say that. It's a public forum per say and should not be so strict. Anyways I still love reading on cruise critic but there is not much and roll calls have no activity .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can say the name Facebook, you just can't say the page for roll calls for a specific sailing or direct someone to it.

Tea4ular, I read on book of faces about the northern lights too. But I read it differently. The post I read was from someone that missed seeing the sights. In the comments it was suggested a system be set up like on another line. I am sailing the Miracle to Alaska in September and hope to see some activity.

And before someone jumps on me and says the Legend is in Alaska, yes I know but the Miracle is doing a two week round trip from Long Beach.

Tea4ular, I read on book of faces about the northern lights too. But I read it differently. The post I read was from someone that missed seeing the sights. In the comments it was suggested a system be set up like on another line. I am sailing the Miracle to Alaska in September and hope to see some activity.

"Just be sure to leave your name with Guest Services, they call if the bridge sees them. It was really unlikely that we'd see them last week but we had such a clear day, I added my name to the list and got a call that night. It wasn't super bright without the camera lens but you could see them move across the sky, it was very cool."

By the way, this is not me.

"Just be sure to leave your name with Guest Services, they call if the bridge sees them. It was really unlikely that we'd see them last week but we had such a clear day, I added my name to the list and got a call that night. It wasn't super bright without the camera lens but you could see them move across the sky, it was very cool."

By the way, this is not me.

I understand.

We could have read different posts. As I said the one I read said the service was available on another line. And rest assured I have ask on both my previous Alaska cruise and been told no. I posted on J Heald page when he asked, I wouldn't mind an announcement in the middle of the night. All the time I have been to Alaska and never seen the lights. I think I am an Aurora Borealis Deflector. LOL

When we did a Princess land/cruise we signed up for a wake up at one of the hotels we stayed at. We didn't get a call, yet I heard the Northern lights were faintly visible for a short while. I set my alarm the next night, but didn't see anything but stars and sky when I went outside.

On this same land tour, the largest mammal I saw in Fairbanks and Denali was a squirrel. Didn't see a moose until we were almost arriving in Whittier. On one of the ship's excursions we did see a mama black bear and her cub foraging near the shoreline. Lots of marine mammals as well were visible from the ship.

We were on the Legend last week and I did put my name on the list to be called. However, we were never called and I am pretty sure there were no Northern Lights (the week of June 6-13th). There was an awesome Northern Light sighting two weeks before our cruise. I asked the naturalist on board Saturday afternoon if she thought we had a chance and she said no. I still went to Guest Services and got on the list anyway though.

And before someone jumps on me and says the Legend is in Alaska, yes I know but the Miracle is doing a two week round trip from Long Beach.

And the Splendor is doing the almost the same RT LA-Alaska in August 2018. Difference is she's going to Victoria instead of Vancouver.

We were on the Legend last week and I did put my name on the list to be called. However, we were never called and I am pretty sure there were no Northern Lights (the week of June 6-13th). There was an awesome Northern Light sighting two weeks before our cruise. I asked the naturalist on board Saturday afternoon if she thought we had a chance and she said no. I still went to Guest Services and got on the list anyway though.

Delighted to hear there is a list......Thank you Tea4ular for starting this thread. I will be signing up when we board.

People complain that they get woken up by ship announcements and people complain that they missed the Northern Lights. My guess is at least one person complained that they should show the Northern Lights during the afternoon.

There is a tremendous difference between being awakened for an inch of gold sale while snoozing during the day and getting a requested call to see the Aurora at night. But.....

Elaine5715, I did get a hearty chuckle about someone asking if they could be shown during the day!