Parking in Charleston for Ecstasy...

allilivesay

We left our car at our hotel in Mt. P when we went out of Charleston and Ubered to the port. There were a few people on our FB roll call who left their car at the airport and caught an Uber to port.

Yea that's a good idea to do a stay and cruise package. We will be driving in the day of as we are only 5 hrs away. I'm just trying to find the cheapest way possible as we are taking two cars. And it's $10 at the airport versus $17 at the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, we didn't have much trouble with the terminal, I thought it would be worse than it was. I prepaid the parking fee, and packed TONS of patience. We got through the main gate at 1100, knowing that the main parking garage doesn't open until 1130. We are able to make it through two check points, before we were stopped. The last check point was the payment tent. Once we were parked we were on board by 1200. It was very easy, but I can see how it can be frustrating. I think the key is getting there before 1100. But be prepared to wait.

But if you do Uber you can get into the "concourse" sooner and go through security.

Just my 2cents

Honestly, we didn't have much trouble with the terminal, I thought it would be worse than it was. I prepaid the parking fee, and packed TONS of patience. We got through the main gate at 1100, knowing that the main parking garage doesn't open until 1130. We are able to make it through two check points, before we were stopped. The last check point was the payment tent. Once we were parked we were on board by 1200. It was very easy, but I can see how it can be frustrating. I think the key is getting there before 1100. But be prepared to wait.

But if you do Uber you can get into the "concourse" sooner and go through security.

Just my 2cents

Is it true that you can drop luggage off starting at 9:00 then get back in the parking line at 11:00??

Is it true that you can drop luggage off starting at 9:00 then get back in the parking line at 11:00??

Yes I believe so, as we were pulling up, they told us we had to hold onto our luggage.

They finally took it, after we went through the payment check point.

My only grudge was this, we had FTTF and were supposed to get our luggage sooner, however we got it much later, close to 6pm. :o

We are also from Charleston and cruise out of the port occasionally. Never had an issues w/ the port itself. Would not park there though. We either have family drop us off and pick us up (or let my parents park as they have handicapped tag & park free). The port and the area in downtown Charleston is small. Getting back/forth is not that easy and can be a little time consuming.

If you can, I would recommend staying at a hotel to park your car that you can park and shuttle. It's WAY cheaper than a cab or Uber. As mentioned earlier, unless you are staying downtown (which can be expensive) it's pricey to take a cab or Uber downtown from pretty much anywhere else in Charleston.

If we cruise from Charleston we drive in the morning of cruise from NC and always park at port, no issues, ever. Just know which line to get into and when, the people parking the cars always seem to be well versed on the parking guidelines and the where everyone should be.

We are also from Charleston and cruise out of the port occasionally. Never had an issues w/ the port itself. Would not park there though. We either have family drop us off and pick us up (or let my parents park as they have handicapped tag & park free). The port and the area in downtown Charleston is small. Getting back/forth is not that easy and can be a little time consuming.

If you can, I would recommend staying at a hotel to park your car that you can park and shuttle. It's WAY cheaper than a cab or Uber. As mentioned earlier, unless you are staying downtown (which can be expensive) it's pricey to take a cab or Uber downtown from pretty much anywhere else in Charleston.

A taxi from Mt. P was around $40. Uber was around $15.