Divina app?

Texascruiser133

Does anyone know where you can get the divina traveler web app? I have looked on the play store and have not found it. Can you only get it when you are on the ship? Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you are referring to the one to use while on the ship, it is only available on board. Your sail card will have an ID number on it to use to sign in.

But you have to pay for the cell service or internet service on board to use it......correct?

My understanding is that its an Intranet on the ship rather than Internet off the ship.

I think you can only access it through WIFI while on the ship so no Internet or cell package is needed.

The app has ship information and a function that allows you to message others that have the app on their phones. You do not sign up for it until you get onto the ship, and it is free. I am not tech savvy enough to understand how it works when you have all the other functions of your smartphone data disabled, but it does.

That having been said, we never used it much, because it would not function on my DH's phone at all and only worked marginally on mine. We both have the same Samsung Galaxys running Android 4.1.

The app has ship information and a function that allows you to message others that have the app on their phones. You do not sign up for it until you get onto the ship, and it is free. I am not tech savvy enough to understand how it works when you have all the other functions of your smartphone data disabled, but it does.

That having been said, we never used it much, because it would not function on my DH's phone at all and only worked marginally on mine. We both have the same Samsung Galaxys running Android 4.1.

Has it worked well for anyone? Would be great if it did!!

Has it worked well for anyone? Would be great if it did!!

It worked great on our i-Phones. It uses the ships ship's intranet like gaddgie mentioned. It tracks your daily spending, excursions, ship activities, and more. Since we were only on-board for 3 days, we didn't get the full use of it,,but just a little taste. We'll be back on Divina in August where we plan to use it a lot more.

• 3 months later...
It worked great on our i-Phones. It uses the ships ship's intranet like gaddgie mentioned. It tracks your daily spending, excursions, ship activities, and more. Since we were only on-board for 3 days, we didn't get the full use of it,,but just a little taste. We'll be back on Divina in August where we plan to use it a lot more.

Curious if you had similar success on your recent cruise?

Curious if you had similar success on your recent cruise?

Nacdcruiser,,I completely forgot all about using it. We didn't travel with the kids so we didn't need a way to stay in touch with them,,and we usually left our phones in the stateroom whenever we went out anyway.

Nacdcruiser,,I completely forgot all about using it. We didn't travel with the kids so we didn't need a way to stay in touch with them,,and we usually left our phones in the stateroom whenever we went out anyway.

Appreciate the reply, Mike and thanks also for all the info you've shared regarding MSC over various threads. We've learned a lot about MSC and Divina from you and are looking forward to being on her for the first time next week!

John

Appreciate the reply, Mike and thanks also for all the info you've shared regarding MSC over various threads. We've learned a lot about MSC and Divina from you and are looking forward to being on her for the first time next week!

John

It's good to know some of the information I shared has helped others and I truly appreciate the kind gesture John!!:D Have a great trip and let us know if you tried the app and what your experiences were with it. We have a 19 day TA coming up in October 2015 and we'll have our 15 year old daughter with us so we'll want her to check in with us, so the Divina App hopefully will allow us to do that.:)

It's good to know some of the information I shared has helped others and I truly appreciate the kind gesture John!!:D Have a great trip and let us know if you tried the app and what your experiences were with it. We have a 19 day TA coming up in October 2015 and we'll have our 15 year old daughter with us so we'll want her to check in with us, so the Divina App hopefully will allow us to do that.:)

Will do, Mike -

John

We've just returned from our September 27-Oct 4 cruise on the Divina (full review in the next few days). I tried to use the app on my android Motorola smart phone and android Samsung tablet. The problem is that the ship wifi did not extend to our 9th deck midship cabin. In order to use the app, I would have had to take the device to one of the wifi zones (lounges, mostly).

That essentially made it useless for us.

We've just returned from our September 27-Oct 4 cruise on the Divina (full review in the next few days). I tried to use the app on my android Motorola smart phone and android Samsung tablet. The problem is that the ship wifi did not extend to our 9th deck midship cabin. In order to use the app, I would have had to take the device to one of the wifi zones (lounges, mostly).

That's odd JK!!! You didn't see any wireless access points in the hallways on your deck??

This access point was just outside our stateroom door:

GOPR1885_zpsd1949ad9.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

This was our experience as well. It didn't work in our deck 12 cabin. Which, since that was what when we needed it most when one of us was out, we didn't bother with it and just used our white board outside the door or notes in the cabin. :)

That's odd JK!!! You didn't see any wireless access points in the hallways on your deck??

This access point was just outside our stateroom door:

GOPR1885_zpsd1949ad9.jpg

Frankly, Mike, I didn't look. All I KNOW is that the wifi signal was too weak in our cabin to use the app. Others commented on the same thing. I also wish that they had provided a paper map of the ship as other cruise lines do rather than telling us to use the app.

(BTW, Note that this was one of the few disappointing issues we experienced with The Divina. Overall, it was a great cruise. Full review later.)