Eurodam itineray change

JSClark726

A day or so ago, the port schedule for St. Petersburg, Russia showed Eurodam there on July 24h and 25th. Today, that same schedule excludes Eurodam and a chat with a HAL agent confirmed that Eurodam is not in St. Petersburg this week. Sounds like that itinerary changed. Any information on this?

We are scheduled to stop in St. Petersburg on July 30th and 31st and are wondering if that stop will be cancelled.

All he would say is that we will stop there next week. He wouldn't address my specific question. I'm skeptical...

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would speculate that St. Petersburg is going to be off the list of port for Hal and other cruise lines. Though that is just my thoughts, who knows what Hal is going to do.

All he would say is that we will stop there next week. He wouldn't address my specific question. I'm skeptical...

The phone reps/agents probably don't know for sure.

HAL may not be making a 'public decision' yet.

We are just off the Eurodam July 20. The crew on board informed us that the cruise departing Copenhagen on July 20 was a charter cruise and doing a shorter and different Baltic itinerary than usual that did not include St Petersburg. I would expect your cruise to go to SPB as planned.

I am glad my traveleing companion and I were on the Eurodam for her Baltic itinerary last year and not this year.

I know there are those who will say I would be missing a great deal, but if I were aboard this year, I would not leave the ship in St. Petersburg. I would not want any more of my money to be spent in Russia right now than had to be, i.e. port taxes.

We are just off the Eurodam July 20. The crew on board informed us that the cruise departing Copenhagen on July 20 was a charter cruise and doing a shorter and different Baltic itinerary than usual that did not include St Petersburg. I would expect your cruise to go to SPB as planned.

I believe it is an Atlantis charter or so Google tells me. Read into that what you may.

http://atlantisevents.com/cruise_what.php

http://www.outdestinations.com/product/gay-cruise-copenhagen-stockolmjuly-20-27-2014/

No reason for me to think the following cruise is affected.

Edited by sammygoose
additional information

That makes sense as Charter cruises can select the ports they want to go to.

Thank you Cruisepucks. That explains why Eurodam didn't go to St. Petersburg this week. Perhaps our cruise next week will go there after all. Although, I would be OK if we skipped it!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sounds like you will get to St Petersburg after all. Lovely place.

Eurodam is currently doing a charter for Atlantis, catering to gay & lesbian cruisers. These companies avoid destinations that have anti-gay laws or are known to be non-gay friendly. The cruise is visiting Copenhagen, Gothenberg, Warnemunde, Helsinki, Tallinn and Stockholm.

Michael

Websites like CruiseTimetables etc may show the regular cruise itineraries for a ship rather that the actual charter itinerary that can be very different.

For example our RSVP charter next February on the Regal Princess shows the regular Regal itinerary on CruiseTT but it is correct on CruiseTimetables (but I send them an update of the itinerary ;) )