Inadvertent handicapped suite

dina8ken

I paid all of my bonus to get a suite. It turns out they put me in a handicapped room and said I may be moved to accommodate disabled person. Will they move me down or to another suite or how does that work?:confused:

If you have paid for a suite, then that is what you should get, you may even be bumped to a better one.

WE have had handicapped cabins and have been told we might get moved but we never have been. (Usually we didn't know it was handicapped until we got there!) We did meet a lady who should have had our cabin but wasn't given it and we would have given it to her with no problem but we learned of this as cruise was almost over.

I think, unless I NEEDED the HC features, I'd rather have a regular suite....instead of a tub, there is a roll-in shower... grab bars, possibly higher toilet....

If that's ok with you, then IF they move you, the will give you AT LEAST what you paid for...maybe better.

I paid all of my bonus to get a suite. It turns out they put me in a handicapped room and said I may be moved to accommodate disabled person. Will they move me down or to another suite or how does that work?:confused:

yes you will be moved to an equivalent cabin. if that is not possible you will either get another upgrade or (should)be offered additional compensation( OBC, dinner at a specialty, etc) to make up for it.

however, usually if you are assigned one, it is because the cruise is past final payment and it was available for anyone to book.

Firstly, don't take a SMALLER suite. have your Deck Plan handy before they call. But, Oh my goodness, lucky you...really. Big doors, no thresholds. We HAVE previously booked a handicapped account a disability, loved it. No down-side as we saw it. LocoLoco1

Sort of surprised any type of HC suite would remain available until final booking - let alone a week after bookings opened in the first place. HC cabins in various categories are rare enough anyway that we've learned to book within hours of a cruise opening up for reservations - especially on transatlantics - or we will be unable to take that itinerary. HC suites are even harder to come by with sometime only two on a ship.

One feature indispensable for us in HC cabins (and I would assume suites too) is the door opener, without which my wife could never leave the cabin without assistance.