Oh, wise CC readers. I ask for your advice once again.

stargate fan

I am taking my mom on a cruise on Destiny at the end of October. I booked us an Ocean Suite.

Now that final payment is a week away, many cabins have opened up, including wrap aft balconies and extended aft balconies. Mom enjoys an occasional nap while I am a sun goddess all day long. My dilemma is: a larger cabin and little-bigger-than-regular balcony (OS) or a regular sized cabin and larger balcony (aft)?

I have only a few days to make any change.

Thanks.

Lets hope you didnt book ES as no downgrades are allowed.

I like aft wraps, Im not into bath tubs, so that makes no difference to me, dont use it.

You can never go wrong with an aft wrap.

However, if you booked Early Saver (ES), you can't downgrade from a Suite to a wrap.

I booked ES once and NEVER AGAIN!!! I hated not having the power to make any changes, cancel, etc.

I'm trying to decide if we really need the extra cabin space vs. the wonderful aft balcony. It would be a good escape should we each need a little space.

Just spoke with Mom again. (She keeps telling me to do whatever I want. Frustrating!) She says that she wants the bigger cabin so there is more room to walk around without tripping over each other. Decision made-staying with the Ocean Suite. At least we get to keep our VIP boarding. :D

Thanks for your advice. Someday I might get to try an aft cabin.

With Carnival's newest 72 hour sale, the difference between an aft extended balcony and our Ocean Suite is $500. That can pay for gratuities and shore excursions.

So, talked with Mom again and decided to give up our OS for the aft balcony. The balcony size is more important than the room. In four days, how much time will we really spend in the cabin? The balcony, on the other hand, will get a lot of use.

No more priority boarding, but we usually get to the port around 9:00 AM and get Zone 1 cards anyway.

Archived