Royal Babies/ Tots- Enchantment

Sunkissed Mommy

I am cruising with my mother and son on the Enchantment in May. Mom and I are trying to coordinate massages for our cruise. So I am curious as to what the hours of operation are when it comes to the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery on the Enchantment of the seas. My son will be 14 months old when we go. I know I cannot sign up for nursery times until I get onboard, but I'd like to have a plan in place :)

Adventure Ocean's Hours of Operation are as follows:

At Sea: 9 a.m. to noon, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

In Port: Thirty minutes prior to the first shore excursion to 5 p.m. or return of last shore excursion, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

What I am slightly confused about is that on the 3-day Enchantment itinerary we are in Nassau from noon to midnight. So what are the hours of operation on that day? Do they follow the port or sea schedule for AO? Does this ship have it's own special schedule due to the short length/port days/hours?

I would appreciate feedback from anyone with experience. Thanks!

PS: I've asked on the Royal board and had no response other than to ask here.

Edited by smileyperry

Port days will have spa "specials"...a BIG savings! The hours will be posted in your daily compass. You can't reserve times until you board, so just wait until you are on the ship! I can almost guarantee that you won't have any trouble getting the time you want and need.

One suggestion - go an upcoming Enchantment roll call and ask someone to run by AO and ask the AO manager their hours when in port in Nassau. You might get lucky and find someone traveling with kids - if not, you may find someone nice enough to go ask for you.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

One suggestion - go an upcoming Enchantment roll call and ask someone to run by AO and ask the AO manager their hours when in port in Nassau. You might get lucky and find someone traveling with kids - if not, you may find someone nice enough to go ask for you.

I love that idea, doing it now. thanks so much!!!

I love that idea, doing it now. thanks so much!!!

Let us know what you find out. We are going to Nassau in Nov on Grandeur and are in port the same times...lol

Good luck.

Let us know what you find out. We are going to Nassau in Nov on Grandeur and are in port the same times...lol

Good luck.

As soon as I get my answer I will report back here!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We leave a week from tomorrow on a 4 day cruise on Enchantment with all 9 of our grandchildren and their parents. We have 1 who is 19 months old and understand she is not allowed to be left in Adventure Ocean without paying by the hour but there are times her Momma can bring her to play!

Mrfuninthesun did a review of this cruise and has copies of the Royal Tots and Babies program for you to read if interested. Look him up in the members list and then click on his statistics and you'll see the review!

The toddler will not be in Adventure ocean, that's for ages 3 and above, so you need to check the nursery hours.

I am pretty sure the nursery keeps the same hours as Adventure Ocean, but you bring up a good point - need to make sure someone asks specifically about the nursery.

We leave a week from tomorrow on a 4 day cruise on Enchantment with all 9 of our grandchildren and their parents. We have 1 who is 19 months old and understand she is not allowed to be left in Adventure Ocean without paying by the hour but there are times her Momma can bring her to play!

Mrfuninthesun did a review of this cruise and has copies of the Royal Tots and Babies program for you to read if interested. Look him up in the members list and then click on his statistics and you'll see the review!

Here is link to the review mentioned above.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1881918&highlight=enchantment

• 3 weeks later...
We have 1 who is 19 months old and understand she is not allowed to be left in Adventure Ocean without paying by the hour but there are times her Momma can bring her to play!

So does this mean that children under 3 CAN participate in the Adventure Ocean? (aquanauts) Just that we have to pay for it or something? My son is almost 3 and I think he'd enjoy that over the nursery.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

So does this mean that children under 3 CAN participate in the Adventure Ocean? (aquanauts) Just that we have to pay for it or something? My son is almost 3 and I think he'd enjoy that over the nursery.

No, it does not mean that your almost 3 year old can participate in AO. He needs to be 3 years old (no exceptions) and fully potty trained to go to AO.

What it does mean is that there are set times per day when a parent can bring in an under 3 to play in the area for a set amount of time and stay with the child.....and this is usually when AO is on a break during the day.

Certain ships are equipped with a nursery WILL allow you to drop your child off. You can disregard what the previous poster said. I don't believe the person is informed on the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery program. Royal is slowly adding nurseries to their ships. The UNDER 3 Crowd can be dropped off (for an hourly fee of $6). They DO change diapers, feed, and they even have real cribs in case your child needs a nap!

Someone went to the nursey for me and got the info for the Enchantment:

Day 1: Port Canaveral

Noon-3:00 pm - Registration and open house

4:30-6:30 pm - Registration and open house

7:30-midnight - Nursery open

Day 2: Nassau

9:00am - 1:00 pm - open free play

noon - midnight- nursery service

Day 3 : CocoCay

9:00 am - 1:00 pm - nursery service

1:15-4:45 pm- open free play

5:00 pm - midnight - nursery service

Hourly Fees are $6 per child between 9:00am and 5:00 pm

$8 per child between 5:00 pm and midnight

Here is a review of the Nursery that is on the Freedom.

http://www.******************.com/2013/07/02/review-royal-babies-tots-nursery-freedom-seas

Edited by smileyperry

Certain ships are equipped with a nursery WILL allow you to drop your child off. You can disregard what the previous poster said. I don't believe the person is informed on the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery program. Royal is slowly adding nurseries to their ships. The UNDER 3 Crowd can be dropped off (for an hourly fee of $6). They DO change diapers, feed, and they even have real cribs in case your child needs a nap!

http://www.******************.com/2013/07/02/review-royal-babies-tots-nursery-freedom-seas

Ummm, what I posted above was for the ships that DO NOT have the royal tots/babies nursery. Not all Royal ships have it yet. And, she also asked about dropping them off in the AQUANUTS area.

Edited by sailinglisa

Thank you so much for the information and schedule. VERY helpful. I don't intend to leave my son there for any extended period of time but it may be a nice option for him (and for us) at some point on the trip.

Are you able to clarify what the difference is between nursery service and free play?

Also, as the other posted mentioned, there is an option where the parents can bring their children under 3 to participate in certain activities with the older kids programs which we may do, any idea where I can get a schedule for those things. Again thanks for the response!

I first want to apologize. My reading skills seem to have flaked out before. I didn't see the second part of your original question wilcofan. Therefore I responded to the other person saying that they were wrong! Sorry sailinglisa. :(

They won't let him play in the older groups. But they do activities in the nursery. I will be going in May and will have a better understanding of the activities offered. A couple of my clients have used the nursery and said their little ones loved to be there vs elsewhere on the ship!

Edited by smileyperry

We're going next week so I'll try and make a point to come back here to share the experience and anything I learn.

It's our first cruise ever so we're nervous but excited! Hoping my son will have fun and go with it all and not make us too crazy! lol ;)

I first want to apologize. My reading skills seem to have flaked out before. I didn't see the second part of your original question wilcofan. Therefore I responded to the other person saying that they were wrong! Sorry sailinglisa. :(

They won't let him play in the older groups. But they do activities in the nursery. I will be going in May and will have a better understanding of the activities offered. A couple of my clients have used the nursery and said their little ones loved to be there vs elsewhere on the ship!

No problem! :)

Our DD went on 3 cruises on EN before she was 3 and each time was in the nursery. It's great! The hours posted were what we saw last in Oct! They will give you a pager on the EN in the event you need to come back. Our DD was potty trained and 2 months shy of 3 in Oct but we kept her in the nursery instead of trying to get her up. It was worth the money to let her have a bit more one on one time and the key was a place to sleep early.

Now that she is 3 she loves aquanauts but I sometimes miss the attention of the nursery.

Have a great cruise!