Golf cart gas

lilcush1955

That was a deciding factor for us between our upcoming rental. We used Karib last time and our friends used Nathan's. Both were the same price for the rental. However we didn't have to fill ours up when we took it back and had to give a $6 gas fee. Our friends however, had to take theirs back with a full tank and ended up putting a little over $19 in the tank. There is a gas station not too far from the light house.

WOW on the gas price I do not mind putting gas in tank

In Louisiana we are paying about 1.98

Karib seems to get good reviews .

We just wanted to tour around stop at a beach to do some snorkeling maybe find a good place to eat Conch fritters. or seafood

We just wanted to tour around stop at a beach to do some snorkeling maybe find a good place to eat Conch fritters. or seafood

Karib ended up being cheaper in the long run because of the gas. Glad you're getting a golf cart though. It's fun to ride up to the lighthouse, see the salt salinas, go by Her Majesty's Prison, and just see the wild animals roaming the street. Remember to drive on the left. :)

ALSO, be sure to go to Jack's Shack for lunch. I will warn you, when you approach it from the street side on your golf cart, it looks like a dump and honestly not even safe. That's actually the back. Walk around the building to the beach side. It's a great place and awesome. Don't let the street side when you get there fool you.

Thanks , I wont tell my wife , pull up say to her - "hope your hungry" .

haha, then you may have to drag her around front. ;)

It was 8 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids in each family. We pulled up and the 4 kids and 2 wives were like, "NOPE, we'll eat on the ship"... My friend and I went around to check things out (our first time there too) and found it was awesome around the corner, so we convinced everyone to come around. Needless to say, we'll be back there in June and spending the day at their beach with Topher the dog after we eat.

haha, then you may have to drag her around front. ;)

It was 8 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids in each family. We pulled up and the 4 kids and 2 wives were like, "NOPE, we'll eat on the ship"... My friend and I went around to check things out (our first time there too) and found it was awesome around the corner, so we convinced everyone to come around. Needless to say, we'll be back there in June and spending the day at their beach with Topher the dog after we eat.

Topher is the best! We go there just so my son can play with him. The last time we were there, Topher wasn't there. My son asked about Topher and someone drove to where Topher was and brought him to the Shack! =)

• 2 weeks later...
When renting a golf cart, what is the charge per hour? Also do they give you a map to give you an idea of where to drive to or what?

It's ~$100 for the day. I don't believe they do hourly rentals. They can give you a map if you ask for one and they have them or you can just print one off before you go. It's a very small island and very easy to navigate.

Try The Sandbar in town. We've eaten there several times, good food, cold beer :) right on the beach (found good seaglass there too!)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes gas is expensive on the island.

We used Karib and just paid $6 on return.

BTW, though it had been a while, the man pointing out the cart and showing how to drive and the woman taking the $. ($90--$45 in advance via paypal and $45 cash on day of ) looked just like the same folks we had for Nathans a few years back. The other guys sitting around said they were with Wet Money.

When we rented one last year, we used Wet Money and had a great experience. There's a "gas station" (using that term lightly because it's this big dome looking building right down from where you pick up the golf carts) right off the road that we went to (due to a low tire pressure). However, we drove all over the island and all the way up to the lighthouse, went "off roading" :rolleyes:=got stuck lol, and hit up 2 beaches. When we returned you could barely tell we used anything. Time was precious to us so we didn't bother to stop and fill it back up. We handed them $5 to cover it and was done with it. :D

• 1 month later...

I've been searching websites for which companies asking you to refill the tank and which ones have you pay a gas fee. I emailed Karib this week and they said "You're given the cart with gas and you're expected to put about $5 gas before returning" but what I've read on CC says they ask for a gas fee. Are they referring to the $5 fee when you return instead of refilling?

Also, If I must refill the tank, how many stations are there?

Please post your experience with golf cart gas and the company you used.

Thanks in advance!

I've been searching websites for which companies asking you to refill the tank and which ones have you pay a gas fee. I emailed Karib this week and they said "You're given the cart with gas and you're expected to put about $5 gas before returning" but what I've read on CC says they ask for a gas fee. Are they referring to the $5 fee when you return instead of refilling?

Thanks in advance!

Based on experience, Nathan's made my friends fill out their golf cart when they were with us, it cost them around $20 to fill it up. Karib charged us a flat $6 fee when we returned for gas. I know of 2 gas stations but I am sure there are more.

We just got back and used Karib. They charged us $90 for the cart and $6 for gas. They were easy to deal with and gave us a map and phone number to use if we had problems.

Good thing because one of our carts just quit on us. Had to wait for another to be brought to us. Not sure how good the maintenance is on these carts. Apparently one of the carts we had broke down the day before.

They didn't offer to refund any money for the inconvenience and still asked for the gas money when we got back.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, we did a walk up rental last week with Grand Turk Adventures and it was a great experience. We paid $100 and they asked us to top the tank up $5 on return. There are a few stations around the island and there is one right by were you rent the golf carts - it isn't super obvious but about 50 yards from where you rent it is on the right hand side when you are heading out and there is a sign with an arrow pointing you down the road that says something like 'we sell gas'.

The cart seemed fairly new and they gave us a map to get around the island (although it is very easy to do so even without a map). The map they gave to us showed the gas stations on the island.

I used Max rental I could not get Nathan to answer me and Karib was all out of carts when I made my booking

I had no problem with Max .

After you pick up your cart about tenth of mile on your right there is a road that says ice and gas go down that dirt road and on your left is the gas station a one pump place and they will pump five dollars worth.

When i delivered my cart ,Max was not there called over to some one else and they told me Max is not

around just leave the key in the cart and everything will be okay A little worried but hey this is island life

Also met up with a couple who had a 4x4 they only put in 5 dollars and they were fine

I was nervous like you but now there was nothing to fear .

• 3 weeks later...

I believe I may have already posted of what we did, but I will do it again, as we got off the ship on March 25th.

Most of the 8 (I had been there before and was pretty familiar with Grand Turk and Caicos) had never been there before, and really didn't know exactly what they wanted to do, but still wanted to see what they could. I had ask about the golf carts, etc., and I thought we would try to get a couple of them, but that never came into forum. The next thing we knew, my youngest son had walked around and how he ever found out, I have no clue, but he found us a SUV that hauled the 8 of us, and we were able to get it for $100 for the 4 or 5 hours we had, and he did the driving. We were able to go to a small/nice grocery store, and also the beach, and they were able to snorkel there. My d-i-l and I as well as the others were able to pick up some sand dollars and we brought them back home with us. We were told (I got a nice large blue shell at the conch graveyard last year) we could not bring the shells back to the states. They knew they were in our bags when we checked in at the ship when coming from GT & C, so they could have taken them out, but never said anything, and we brought them home. Of course, we had them in our luggage that goes under the plane, not in the plane with us. :)