Hotel Suggestion

Nana57

We twice have stayed at the Hotel Jazz and highly recommend its lovely rooms and excellent location. The rooftop views and lounge area (plus small pool) also are a nice escape from the bustle of your sightseeing days in town.

Also only about 50 yards from a stop of the excellent shuttle bus from the airport. So easy to use.

Edited by CintiPam

We are doing a 13 night cruise out of Barcelona next May, and, are also staying at The Hotel Jazz for 3-nights prior to the cruise sailing. We are also doing one 1/2 day, and two, full day tours with Barcelona Day Tours. Just finishing up our tour planning, and, I must say, Isabel from Barcelona Day Tours is the most wonderful, friendly and, detailed person I have ever dealt with for any trip. Just the time it has taken her to explain everything about the tours, costs, and recommendations, would never be done by most other people.

We are so looking forward to this beginning portion of our vacation.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Loved the Jazz! Great accommodations and location. Will definitely return.

For those who have stayed at the jazz, any suggestions for reasonably priced restaurants near by? Looking for Spanish style dinners and also standard sandwich type lunch stops. we will be at the jazz in mid oct.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We twice have stayed at the Hotel Jazz and highly recommend its lovely rooms and excellent location. The rooftop views and lounge area (plus small pool) also are a nice escape from the bustle of your sightseeing days in town.

Also only about 50 yards from a stop of the excellent shuttle bus from the airport. So easy to use.

What street does the aerobus stop on and is the jazz hotel easy to find?

Mike

We have stayed at the Hotel Regina a few times and I've had no big complaints. There are a few steps up to get to elevator, which is small. This typical of older European hotels. The great thing about the Regina is the location. It is located about 70 yards (on a side street) from Placa Catalunya, which is the beautiful square at the top of the Ramblas. It is free of the crowd noise and very convenient if you want to roam the Gothic Quarter. There is a Starbucks 2 doors over which satisfied my coffee addiction and good for a muffin or croissant (if you don't want to buy the expensive hotel breakfast).

Edited by meterman2

What street does the aerobus stop on and is the jazz hotel easy to find?

Mike

Just tell the bus driver you want the stop at the lovely square at Universitat and then you just cross the street and are one block from Hotel Jazz. Take a look at a city map ahead of time; you can get one at the airport or look online.

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote here for hotel Jazz, we stayed for four nights last November and will be staying again next Wednesday prior to our cruise and for a night after.

There are twp lovely sandwich shops just across the road from the Jazz, as you look at the front of the hotel it's the road to the left. One sells sandwiches and cakes and the other is more of a supermarket style shop but has some lovely pastries. There is also a subway sandwich shop actually next door!

A great place for breakfast is cafe Vienna, again as you look at the front of the hotel it's the street to the right across the road. We were able to breakfast in there each morning for about 10 euro for the two of us and for that we enjoyed coffee, hot chocolate, fresh juice and bacon baguettes. With every drink you get a free croissant, we got four! It's much cheaper than the hotel breakfast :)

Next week I'll be having a sandwich from that shop and breakfast in that cafe :D

Another vote here for hotel Jazz, we stayed for four nights last November and will be staying again next Wednesday prior to our cruise and for a night after.

There are twp lovely sandwich shops just across the road from the Jazz, as you look at the front of the hotel it's the road to the left. One sells sandwiches and cakes and the other is more of a supermarket style shop but has some lovely pastries. There is also a subway sandwich shop actually next door!

A great place for breakfast is cafe Vienna, again as you look at the front of the hotel it's the street to the right across the road. We were able to breakfast in there each morning for about 10 euro for the two of us and for that we enjoyed coffee, hot chocolate, fresh juice and bacon baguettes. With every drink you get a free croissant, we got four! It's much cheaper than the hotel breakfast :)

Next week I'll be having a sandwich from that shop and breakfast in that cafe :D

Good tips, DebbieMacG!

We'll be there before our cruise next week, too!

I remember stopping at the sandwich shop, but had forgotten about the Subway! Good tip on the breakfast, too!

There's certainly no shortage of tasty restaurants within a short walk of the JAZZ!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good tips, DebbieMacG!

We'll be there before our cruise next week, too!

I remember stopping at the sandwich shop, but had forgotten about the Subway! Good tip on the breakfast, too!

There's certainly no shortage of tasty restaurants within a short walk of the JAZZ!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So where would you go for dinner around the Jazz?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking at the Hotel Jazz but it looks like they don't have any double beds, only king? DH and I will be getting a room and our teen boys another room and they would rather not share beds.

Does anyone know?

If you want a room with 2 separate beds, in Europe this is called a 'Twin' room. A 'Double' room means one bed for 2 people. A 'King' is like a double but with a bigger bed.

Hotel Jazz does have twin rooms.