Door decorations?

Laszlo

Does anyone know how late, close to your sailing date you can purchase a door decoration? We want to get one for our friends who are going on a cruise with us but their is a chance they might not make it

Thanks

Do you mean room decorations? Never heard of door decorations. Room decorations can be ordered up to one day prior to sailing.

Sorry, your correct. Having only seen the door decorated I thought that was the only thing they did.

Thanks

Am I correct in assuming that the Doors, like the Walls in your cabins are metal so you can attached anything magnetic to them?

I called about decorating my door because many other lines allow this. NCL does not.

We are celebrating a lot of special occasions this time and I thought it would be really cute for the kiddos to decorate the door!

I have read a few people that throwing were up a huge flat magnet and getting a way with it but the NCL rep told me that the room stewards are told to remove any decorations due to fire hazard.

I know that there is a very long thread about this but at the time I can not locate it to link it.

Edited by darkprayer

I usually put something very small on the door for my kids to find our room easily. Do they usually allow stuff like that? Are the doors for sure metal? I could bring a small, flat magnet. We're on the Epic if that matters.

Remember that anything you put on your door is "fair game" for those that enjoy the sport of where did the door decorations go! I would not put anything I wanted to keep on the exterior door. Some seriously upset people on the last couple of cruises when their "special" decorations seemed to have walked away, never to be seen again. NCL would prefer you not do it, but I don't think they will do much if you do. They also will not do much if you lose your decorations.

Remember that anything you put on your door is "fair game" for those that enjoy the sport of where did the door decorations go! I would not put anything I wanted to keep on the exterior door. Some seriously upset people on the last couple of cruises when their "special" decorations seemed to have walked away, never to be seen again. NCL would prefer you not do it, but I don't think they will do much if you do. They also will not do much if you lose your decorations.

Decorate at your own risk! I lost a nice magnetic welcome sign with a smiley face that just "walked away" one day on a recent cruise.

Decorate at your own risk! I lost a nice magnetic welcome sign with a smiley face that just "walked away" one day on a recent cruise.

Yeah, it's a sport for many and not always kids. I met some folks that were proud of their "treasure hunting" and had lots of somewhat expensive "swag" that they collected over the years. The bragged that after a Christmas cruise, they had enough to decorate their home!!! Don't know how they carried it off.

I think you some of you don't understand what I mean. I'm not decorating anything. I've seen on past cruises were some people paid for a room decorated for 25 bucks or whatever it is. The also did the door of the cabin, thats the deal I'm talking about. Friends of ours are taking their first cruise with us and I wanted to get the "Congratulations" package

1 Believe you can book up to the day before sailing online. Just off the Pearl and saw one minisuite had a small piece of yellow caution tape" wrapped around the handle. As I saw people going in and out of the cabin, it must have been to help identify their cabin...

I think you some of you don't understand what I mean. I'm not decorating anything. I've seen on past cruises were some people paid for a room decorated for 25 bucks or whatever it is. The also did the door of the cabin, thats the deal I'm talking about. Friends of ours are taking their first cruise with us and I wanted to get the "Congratulations" package

OK, that's why we were asking for clarification. The room decorating packages are available up to one day before cruising. They do not include door decorations, only interior to the room. Sorry for the confusion. NCL does not officially want anyone decorating the door exteriors.

These packages are available on the NCL website.

I've been on 3 NCL cruises and I have never seen a cabin door that was decorated.

Either I'm not paying close enough attention (entirely possible, I suppose) or I just don't find myself in the hallways of the passenger cabin decks as much as others do.

OK, that's why we were asking for clarification. The room decorating packages are available up to one day before cruising. They do not include door decorations, only interior to the room. Sorry for the confusion. NCL does not officially want anyone decorating the door exteriors.

These packages are available on the NCL website.

Thanks!

We have been on 7 cruises with NCL and I think my wife has decorated our door for all but the first one. Last week on the Jewel we had a roll of caution tape and a 5 foot tall Frankenstein and taped it to our door, and did the same for 2 other doors of people we knew on the ship. Was there before we left port and remained the entire cruise and nothing was said. The hotel director even came by and didn't say anything about it.

I called about decorating my door because many other lines allow this. NCL does not.

We are celebrating a lot of special occasions this time and I thought it would be really cute for the kiddos to decorate the door!

I have read a few people that throwing were up a huge flat magnet and getting a way with it but the NCL rep told me that the room stewards are told to remove any decorations due to fire hazard.

I know that there is a very long thread about this but at the time I can not locate it to link it.

When did NCL make this rule? Last October we had a metallic magnet sign on our cabin door for 26 days and nothing was said about it. I have never read anywhere else that NCL does not allow door decorations.

Sorry but the title said "door decorations", which we were specifically told were not allowed. ...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Who told you that? That has certainly not been our experience on the Star last October. Several cabins that we saw had door decorations that remained there the entire cruise, including our flat rubberised magnet.

When I set up our M & G the group coordinator specifically mentioned in the letter that all stewards had been instructed to remove door signs... now whether they are willing to do that and disgruntle a passenger I couldn't say, but this is the policy...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app