Help! Best Shore Excursions for Bermuda?!

Pandabear90

In addition to SBtS's post, it's helpful to know what you like...history, beach time, water sports, just general sightseeing?

It is also a good idea to check what ships will be in port while you are there.

That will give you an idea of how crowded it will be at the port, as well as beaches, ferries, buses, etc.

Rising Son Catamaran snorkel was a good time. Google them. It's cheaper to book outside of the cruise line. Same exact excursion

but if NCL booked it for us it was $20 more

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What are the dates of your visit, and times of arrival and departure?

A 5 day cruise to Bermuda does not provide enough time on island to do too much. Off the top, I would suggest a private tour and beach time.

SBtS

Hi definitely would like to do watersports, as well as beach and must-sees.

08-May Kings Wharf, Bermuda 9:00 AM Docked

09-May Kings Wharf, Bermuda 5:00 PM Docked

Has anyone rented a boat from Somerset Bridge Watersports? Thinking of renting a pontoon boat from them

There was a posting on here back in April of this year saying that Somerset's Pontoon Boat was damaged in the last hurricane that touched Bermuda and is not being repaired or replaced. You should call Somerset Watersports to confirm this. We did a Boston Whaler and the Pontoon boat about three years ago for our group of 15 and had a great time for our four hour rental.

help?

There is a "to do"/activities list here.

Here is a revision and "to do" that will be included in the next update.

• if you plan on walking the beach path, it would be best to start at Warwick Long Bay Beach ending at Horseshoe Bay Beach because HSB has complete facilities (suggested by member Charles4515)
  • visit the Bermuda Craft Market at the Dockyard (suggested by member Charles4515)
  • cliff jumping/diving at Admiralty House Park; YouTube
    (bus #4)

SBtS

Haven't cruised to Bermuda, but have been there 6-7 times. I recommend the Crystal Caves. For great photo shots I'd go to the top of Gibbs Lighthouse. The most famous and most photographed beach is Horseshoe Bay, but the locals will tell you that Jobson's Cove is prettier. An interesting site seeing location is the unfinished church over near the airport. And if you partake in cocktails, you HAVE to go to Swizzle Inn and have a Bermuda Rum Swizzle. We have friends that live there that say the locals go there sometimes just to watch the tourists try to drive their rented scooters out of the parking lot after having a few. Definitely my "go to" drink. And my favorite bar is actually an Irish pub called Flanigans in downtown Hamilton.

Has anyone done the jet ski excursion in Bermuda? Carnival doesn't offer it, but we will be there 2.5 days, so if I book the first day I'm not worried about missing the ship! Just wondering about the experience. We done it in Key west last year and loved it.

Has anyone done the jet ski excursion in Bermuda? Carnival doesn't offer it, but we will be there 2.5 days, so if I book the first day I'm not worried about missing the ship! Just wondering about the experience. We done it in Key west last year and loved it.

Check this out.

Somerset Boat Rentals - (441) 234 3145 or (441) 234 0914

Check this out.

Somerset Boat Rentals - (441) 234 3145 or (441) 234 0914

What are your opinions on the need to book excursions in advance? Do places like the one above book up real fast? Can you still do with out a reservation? Having no idea what to really expect in Bermuda and not knowing what the weather may be like I hate to commit to an excursion now. Or, is it really advised?

Is The Swizzle Inn in Hamilton?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No. There are two Swizzle Inns. The original one, the classic one, is near the Caves, between St. George and Hamilton. A second one is on the South Shore Road, between Hamilton and the Dockyard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We actually rented jet skis and did the tour AND then after we were done with that we rented a boat and it was THE BEST DAY EVER! We had so much fun that day! We used H20, which is the closest place to the dockyard and they gave us a great deal for doing both jet ski and boat rental. AND to top it off, we even did this on our last day there before pulling out of the port. :D

I have a full review of our day there in my signature line and there's TONS of pictures if you are interested. :)

Been there twice - once by air and once by sea...... I recommend:

1. Horseshoe Bay. Just catch the local bus . After a couple of hours there go back to bus stop and keep going into Hamilton.

2. Catch bus to either Crystal Caves or Aquarium or both. We enjoyed both

3. Catch bus back to Hamilton and then take ferry back to Somerset/kings wharf to get views of Hamilton Harbour and Great Sound.

You can buy a transit pass for a couple of days that gives you unlimited use of bus and ferry system.

There is a botanical garden which is nice if you like that type of thing.

The view from Gibbs Lighthouse is fantastic it you can do stairs OK.

Another option is bus all the way to St George ( you will have seen island from one end to the other) The say the beach etc at Tobacco Bay is great esp. For snorkelling. I haven't been to that beach but a few on our cruise went on their own and we're commenting how much they enjoyed it.

If you search the Bermuda bus system on the internet you will see all the routes and if I remember correctly it listed the common tourist sites and what bus number you need.

I recommend you make your own tours while you are there except maybe on the last afternoon ( as when you are on a ship's shore excursion and there's a delay they will wait).

I love Bermuda and feel very safe there compared to other ports I've been to. Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry for any typos or autocorrect. Just getting used to using a tablet

Edited by Shih-tzu
add sentence

There is a "to do"/activities list here.

Here is a revision and "to do" that will be included in the next update.

• if you plan on walking the beach path, it would be best to start at Warwick Long Bay Beach ending at Horseshoe Bay Beach because HSB has complete facilities (suggested by member Charles4515)
  • visit the Bermuda Craft Market at the Dockyard (suggested by member Charles4515)
  • cliff jumping/diving at Admiralty House Park; YouTube
    (bus #4)

SBtS

This is BEYOND superb! Thanks so much!! Looking forward to our first visit to Bermuda! :)

I just got back from Anthem 5 day cruise to Bermuda.

We did Discover Scuba right at the Dockyard the first day in port and it was Awesome!

The second day we took a cab to Horseshoe Bay, what a beautiful beach but it was crowded with two ships in port.

YouTube video of Horshoes Bay and Scuba Diving.

I just got back from Anthem 5 day cruise to Bermuda.

We did Discover Scuba right at the Dockyard the first day in port and it was Awesome!

The second day we took a cab to Horseshoe Bay, what a beautiful beach but it was crowded with two ships in port.

YouTube video of Horshoes Bay and Scuba Diving.

Great videos! I'm signed up to do the discover Scuba excursion later this month. I'm planning on taking my GoPro on the dive as well. What kind of tether did you use for your camera?

• 2 weeks later...
Great videos! I'm signed up to do the discover Scuba excursion later this month. I'm planning on taking my GoPro on the dive as well. What kind of tether did you use for your camera?

Please come back and share your experience.

I have booked NCLs excursion Discover Scuba - I have actually done my DIscovery Scuba and two dives in Cayman Islands - but jumped at the opportunity to have a wee refresher before I return to Cayman to do my PADI in Jan 17.

Did you jump from a boat?

What depth did you go to?

Did you have a one on one buddy instructor?

Thanks for any info !