Carnival ruined...

The no sugar added desserts, especially that coconut cake! Oh my gosh, nobody can make lower sugar desserts like Carnival! I get super excited when they have that one in the buffet, I usually get 2 slices (okay, okay, you caught me, more like FOUR slices on coconut cake day, LOL).

Butter! yep, just plain old butter!

I never eat the stuff at home. Canadian butter is yuck! At least what is sold around here. It is rock hard, and stays that way, even when it is warm. It never tastes fresh to me. I have been spoiled of course by excellent butter in Europe where I have spend much time in my youth.

But when I am on a cruise, I love the butter at the buffet, "grassland" and I put it on just about everything:D I am not so fond of the whipped butter in the mdr, but usually consume a fair bit of that too LOL.

So butter it is for me:)

I think that if I could have smuggled home several dozen of the rolls from the MDR I would have. They had some with sunflower seeds as well as some that had I think cranberries in them that were SO STINKING GOOD.

I think we went through at least 2, sometimes 3 little baskets of bread every night because I couldn't get enough of the sunflower rolls and my son, who is a total carb-o-holic, was eating pretty much everything else. LOL

My wife started to tear up when we saw the new menus, no creme brulee! But from what I hear those and the chilled soups (another wife favorite) are being added back!

I am sure Carnival is adding them back because Princess and RCCL and NCL have chilled soups. My husband loves them.

I don't know if they still have it, but I really liked the onion soup with the cheese on top and a toasted slice of sourdough bread. Also the eggplant Parmesan was excellent, no restaurant can come even close to those two items be so tasteful. I'm going to book a Carnival cruise soon - November maybe.

Caesar salads for me. I used to love a good Caesar, but now only Carnival's will do!

What's something you love better on a cruise than anywhere else?

Can't say anything. I know some have explained they like the quantity and availability on a ship, but not the quality.

Carnival's is very good. MSC's Mushroom soup is the best that I have ever had. Has that decent "earthy" mushroomy taste that seems to be missing everywhere else.

The mushroom soup in the steakhouse is fabulous .... they add a few drops of truffle oil to give it that 'earthy' accent. Recipe is available on request. It's now my go-to holiday soup.

...and they are trying their best to do away with Bitter & Blanc--was not available on our last cruise--UGH!!!

*SADNESS!* I LOVE Bitter n Blanc! The only place I have ever seen it served is on Carnival, so them taking it away is heartbreaking. I would have it every night if I could!

I am a huge fan of Caesar Salad. Always ordered them every night on previous cruises (Celebrity and HAL). Am very much looking forward to them on the Conquest in June. Please - please tell me that I can get the salad without anchovies??:eek:

Carnival changed everything lol. There's only two things now, cruising and waiting to cruise.

Oh wow.....beautiful song and video...captures cruising as a couple..just gorgeous...the dream.

Had to look for the comments...your dining photos say it all.....and you are beautiful...and show the real savoring of the ship and dressing properly and enjoying....and it is perfect cruise elegant...and cruise fun....

What is that song??? I loved it...kind of out of it for past 5 years I think....on music...limited where I am..

Edited by sjn911

No food comes to mind for me, but the chef's table really elevated my expectations for fine dining. :) Simply amazing.

I agree -- did it three summers ago, simply amazing.

Have you been able to do the newest menu (rollout started within past few months)?

For all the Escargots fans -- the MDR is tasty, for sure -- I may be a little more a fan of the Brioche Escargots in the Steakhouse.

Speaking of steakhouse, the beefsteak tomato with Gorgonzola crumbles stinking delicious!