Advice Please? Where to store pictures for reviews?

I'm planning on doing a review for my cruise in October... I know that you can use photobucket, but I went to their site and couldn't find any info on what their limits are before they start charging you...

Does anyone know how many photos (or mb of photos) Photobucket allows?

Does anyone know if you can use any other free sites like Picasa? I'm trying to make sure I understand the whole process, because I'd like to post my review all at once, over a day or two (once the pictures are uploaded) so I don't leave people hanging for weeks and months!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

DH used Photobucket for his picture-heavy Carnival Glory "Memoir". He can't remember the exact mb limit, but says that if you resize the photos before uploading them, there is enough room for more than enough photos for any review before you have to upgrade to the pay-for version of Photobucket. Hope this helps.:)

OK thanks both of you... so I'm trying a test with a photo from my last cruise in Picasa to see if it works!

CarnivalParadiseCruiseJul12#5767372948602561858

We'll see if this works, then I hopefully will be ready for this cruise! (or at least the review part of it!)

FYI: it's not showing up for me.:o

Oh well, giving up for tonight. I thought I'd made my Picasa album public, I captured the link for the photo I wanted (right click on photo, Copy Shortcut) and then I pasted it here using the Insert Image icon.

If anyone has advice on why that didn't work, I'd love to hear your ideas, but I'll try them tomorrow...

I use smugmug (smugmug.com) and have used it for a long time. It isn't free, but it is a top quality site. They aren't a fly by night company, they have 24/7/365 customer service and they have amazing templates that you can use to set your pics up for viewing and so very easy to post on CC. I think there are several people on CC who use it.

I'm not connected with the company but here is a coupon for 20% off. My subscription runs $49.95/yr and I think it is well worth it. They do have different packages, as smugmug is used by a lot of professional photographers to store pics. Mine is just the basic account, I've probably had it for ten years or more.

And if you ever want to leave, it is easy to download your pics in a zip file to a thumb drive, your computer or an external hard drive - they make it very easy.

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=rNfTs5Jg0JEC2

Dh just emailed me this (the limits on a free account):

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724044-Free-Accounts

"When you sign up for a Photobucket account, here is what you get for FREE:

2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min.

If you had a free account on the previous version of Photobucket, you will get an additional 2 GB on top of what you've already stored. So, if you had 1 GB worth of compressed images on the Original Photobucket, on the new Photobucket you will have 2+1 = 3 GB of total storage available on the new photobucket.

If you like to link to forums, blogs, etc. you get up to 10GB/month of bandwidth. If you need more, upgrade to a PLUS account! With a PLUS account, you have unmetered bandwidth in addition to extra storage and no ads!"

Good luck with whatever photo hosting option you choose.:)

So how did you do it? What did you copy? and Link?

You just go to the full size photo in Facebook (not the thumbnail), and copy the picture, then go to your cc post and paste in the body of the message. It will come out as the picture, not the link.

Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You just go to the full size photo in Facebook (not the thumbnail), and copy the picture, then go to your cc post and paste in the body of the message. It will come out as the picture, not the link.

Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pretty sure that's the handiest thing I have learned about using this forum since the search function! lol Thanks again!