A1 on the stern of a M class question?

captdave

I had A1 Stateroom 1133 on the Summit November 2013. I can't seem to find any stern A1's (1133, 1141, 1140,1138,1130) anywhere?

Is there a certain number of days before a trip Celebrity makes it's rooms available?

Is there a high amount of people who cancel just before making the full payment?

Is there a secret to getting these cabins?

I looking to travel from a US or Caribbean port.

CaptDave

The secret is out and they've become very popular, often among the first cabins to go. The secret is to book early and check back for cancellations. I think you can also get wait listed for certain cabins or types, though I'm not sure how you do that. We got lucky and snagged 1138 for our Bermuda cruise on Sunday. I booked in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The secret is out and they've become very popular, often among the first cabins to go. The secret is to book early and check back for cancellations. I think you can also get wait listed for certain cabins or types, though I'm not sure how you do that. We got lucky and snagged 1138 for our Bermuda cruise on Sunday. I booked in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I check almost everyday for cancelations, and I am wait listed. But you can only pick 1 cabin to be wait listed for, not 5.

CaptDave

I had A1 Stateroom 1133 on the Summit November 2013. I can't seem to find any stern A1's (1133, 1141, 1140,1138,1130) anywhere?

Is there a certain number of days before a trip Celebrity makes it's rooms available?

Is there a high amount of people who cancel just before making the full payment?

Is there a secret to getting these cabins?

I looking to travel from a US or Caribbean port.

CaptDave

A few weeks ago when aboard the Eclipse I snagged 1140 Summit B2B without any trouble... but it's for January 2016!!:p

Edited by A Sixth?

A few weeks ago when aboard the Eclipse I snagged 1140 Summit B2B without any trouble... but it's for January 2016!!:p

So you have to be onboard to find these cabins in advance?

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

OK I found my answer. You can get them if you book way way in advance.

I see 4 A1's on the stern of the Summit for one cruise. 1.5 years away.

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

OK I found my answer. You can get them if you book way way in advance.

I see 4 A1's on the stern of the Summit for one cruise. 1.5 years away.

CaptDave

When I booked the cabin the onboard agent was actually surprised to see that it was still available... even that far out they sell quickly.

Get really lucky ;)

After 2 weeks of considering all sorts of cabin types, and watching the cabins available, I finally called to book a cat X. Right before putting the deposit down, I asked "For the heck of it, can you check if there are any stern A1's available?" 1133 was open. First time in those two weeks I saw it available. The cruise was 3 weeks away. The worst part is, now I keep checking every day to see if 1140 will open up :o

Get really lucky ;)

After 2 weeks of considering all sorts of cabin types, and watching the cabins available, I finally called to book a cat X. Right before putting the deposit down, I asked "For the heck of it, can you check if there are any stern A1's available?" 1133 was open. First time in those two weeks I saw it available. The cruise was 3 weeks away. The worst part is, now I keep checking every day to see if 1140 will open up :o

I had 1133 on the Summit in November, the smoking section was below. That was bad when stopped.

CaptDave

I consider myself lucky. I booked the Summit about 2 months in advance, and managed to get 1140.

My fear is that I will love this section and won't be able to secure it again.

You were very lucky to get that stateroom 2 months out - here are my tips:

We were in 1140 on the Summit for the Canada/New England cruise Sept '13 - booked on the Century April '12 the day the cruise was released.

Booked Summit 1140 again for Oct 18 '15 NJ to SJ repositioning cruise while we were on the Azamara Journey this past April. Also Booked 1140 on the Millennium Singapore to Sydney March '16 on the Journey too!

You just need to book as soon as the cruises are released and you will be fine!

Damn, I should not be giving out hints!

Richard

I'm confused... didn't you want to book an aft facing A! again?

I HATE SMOKING, HAVE ALL MY LIFE. I didn't go into restaurants & bars in the 70's -90's till they started banning smoking.

The smoking problem is only on the left side of the ship, 1133 & 1141. I had 1133, but it was only a problem when the Summit was stopped and smokers were about.

I would still love to have 1133 again just for the view.

CaptDave

You were very lucky to get that stateroom 2 months out - here are my tips:

We were in 1140 on the Summit for the Canada/New England cruise Sept '13 - booked on the Century April '12 the day the cruise was released.

Booked Summit 1140 again for Oct 18 '15 NJ to SJ repositioning cruise while we were on the Azamara Journey this past April. Also Booked 1140 on the Millennium Singapore to Sydney March '16 on the Journey too!

You just need to book as soon as the cruises are released and you will be fine!

Damn, I should not be giving out hints!

Richard

Thanks!

CaptDave

1141 was really bad from the Sunset Bar.....lot of smoke drifting up and a LOT of noise.

We were in 1140 for the Canada/New England cruise Sept '13 - no smoke no noise. The weather was moderate for that area for the time - not Caribbean weather but not bad. Quebec City could not have been more perfect docked for two days - dry and sunny 70 or so and no smoke up from Sunset Bar.

I had 1140 booked for January 10 and switched to a Reflection itinerary. I checked the website and it showed available......for about 30 minutes!!! Congrats to the folks who snagged it; its a great cabin!!

For those who wish to avoid cigarette and cigar smoke on your particular M class ship do check to see if it is still permitted. On the Infinity in May it was no longer permitted and I think that I have read since that this is also true on another of the M class ships.

For those who wish to avoid cigarette and cigar smoke on your particular M class ship do check to see if it is still permitted. On the Infinity in May it was no longer permitted and I think that I have read since that this is also true on another of the M class ships.

Are you saying that smoking is no longer tolerated anywhere now on the Infinity? :confused:

I HATE SMOKING, HAVE ALL MY LIFE. I didn't go into restaurants & bars in the 70's -90's till they started banning smoking.

The smoking problem is only on the left side of the ship, 1133 & 1141. I had 1133, but it was only a problem when the Summit was stopped and smokers were about.

I would still love to have 1133 again just for the view.

CaptDave

We were in 1130 (opposite side, same cabin as 1133) and we did not smell smoke at all. You should try that one if 1140 is gone, as it was in our case.

We were in 1130 (opposite side, same cabin as 1133) and we did not smell smoke at all. You should try that one if 1140 is gone, as it was in our case.

One poster mentioned noise... what was your experience?

We had 1138, 1140 and 1141 and smoke was only noticeable from the balcony of 1141. Noise wasn't an issue for us, bit we don't mind the sound of an acoustic guitar and friendly chatter/laughter. There was never any loud or disturbing noise of any kind..