Anyone done KLM Business Class?

Theredofshaw

You've not said which route this is. I'm assuming something longhaul given the A330 reference but the price to upgrade is ridiculously cheap so not sure if this is a longhaul aircaft used within Europe. I've paid more to upgrade 35min flights within Europe.

Are you sure this is to business class and not some kind of Economy Comfort type affair?

Ultimately everyone decides how much they'd be willing to pay for an upgrade (some won't pay anything!) but at $250 I think you'd be crackers not to. That's pretty cheap even for an extra legroom/premium economy type option!

KLM and Delta are such close partners, do be sure you're not actually on a Delta plane (they both fly A330-200 aircraft). Or maybe it doesn't matter...probably not in reality.

The $250 certainly is shocking for a longhaul flight. Sounds more like Economy Comfort than business class. Do please post as many details as you have (route, flight number, date, etc) and we can better inform you.

WE did EC on the YYZ to AMS route for 80E (one way)

we found it was OK we got the bulk head seats with the configuration of 2 alone

but we did upgrade at the gate to 1st on another flight I think it was $360 CAD well worth it to me ;)

As others have said check what the seating is like

Sorry mine last flight was also 2012 so things may have changed

That sounds like an EC upgrade. Another possibility if ticketed through Delta is they are offering a buy up to first on the domestic portion (for example OKC to ATL) which if that is the case then $250 is not worth it. Make sure you confirm what segments are included in the buy up. A dead giveaway that it is likely just the domestic is if you booked through Delta as Delta would generally not offer buy ups on other carriers even if they are in the same alliance.

World Business Class on KLM is a mix of two different seating products. The old product is a flat slant-board that is reasonably comfortable for that type of bed. Although the seat flattens out, it doesn't like "flat" parallel to the floor, but rather it has a slant factor. Still comfortable but not state of the art (but better than barcaloungers). Their "New World Business Class" features a flat-bed seat. At this point, they are only on the 777s.

In any case, for $250, I would jump on ANY business class seat across the pond. Do not wait, do not hesitate, do not pass Go....just buy it. As mentioned, be sure it is for business and covers the TATL segment.

Plus, you'll get a lovely little KLM delft house as a souvenir.

Seat 1a and 1b. AMS-DFW. There were quite a few open when we checked in. The economy comfort were going for about $90. Granted our seats are right smack in the front and near the galley but that seems to be the case with all business seats in the A330-200. plan to pop some ZZZquil once wheels are up and hopefully it'll help me sleep. it says the plane is owned and operated by klm. we're ending our flight in DFW and driving up to OKC since it saved us a combined $600 roundtrip this way. we couldn't check in via delta, wouldn't let us. had to do it through KLM's site and that's where the offer came from.

Edited by Theredofshaw

For a bargain, I'd take this flight any time. KLM has good service onboard, but I find their configuration undesirable: 2-2-2 for the 777 and 330 as well as the 747 but the 747 has some single seats as well. For couples it's ok, but when traveling solo, you still have to climb over a stranger when you're sitting at the window. For me, that is a big drawback for any business class seat on long hauls.

Also, I expected much, much more from their lounge in Amsterdam. They are rebuilding half the airport, but that lounge was one old and worn down room. Amenities were ok, but even some US airlines have better lounges then what KLM likes to call its flagship lounge.

I did Economy comfort last year on their 747 and did not find it worth any extra money. Seats were cramped, PTV's almost unadjustable and I barely had any more room.

Seat 1a and 1b. AMS-DFW. There were quite a few open when we checked in. The economy comfort were going for about $90. Granted our seats are right smack in the front and near the galley but that seems to be the case with all business seats in the A330-200. plan to pop some ZZZquil once wheels are up and hopefully it'll help me sleep. it says the plane is owned and operated by klm. we're ending our flight in DFW and driving up to OKC since it saved us a combined $600 roundtrip this way. we couldn't check in via delta, wouldn't let us. had to do it through KLM's site and that's where the offer came from.

Absolute bargain.

Absolute bargain.

Granted it negates the savings of a flight into OKC but oh well. We'll be more comfortable and that's what matters. Got a free hotel with its rewards program from a work trip so it only cost me the gas money lol