plug and towels..

You will have beach size towels in your cabin and large bath towels in your bath room. You can also get them by the pool and can take them with you off the ship when you go to a beach. No need to bring them with you.

I can't help with the plug type. Often newer ships will have both outlet type but often only one for each type. I bring an extension plug so I can plug more that one item at a time but this is a US type. You should be able to find a conversion to plug in US type.

Check on the ship's site about this.

RCI does not provide beach towels in the staterooms, but do provide them at the pools. You do not need to bring them with you.

The plugs are both the US and European style side by side.

We have been on a few cruises (not all) where there was a beach towel for each of us in the stateroom. You could replace them as needed by asking your cabin attendant. :)

We have been on a few cruises (not all) where there was a beach towel for each of us in the stateroom. You could replace them as needed by asking your cabin attendant. :)

OP was asking about Independence of the Sea, which is RCI, and in our experience RCI has never provided beach towels in the staterooms.

There are North American and European outlets but I'm not sure about outlets for U.K. or British appliances.

No UK sockets; buy a world wide adapter from a local store- B&Q, Sainsbury's etc for a few ££, and then you can use both US and Euro sockets.

Thanks for the clarification - I was not making the distinction between European and UK outlets. Good to know.