Teen Cabin Question

travelgarn

Right now I have myself & my DS14 booked in a cabin then my DH & DS friend14 booked in the cabin next to us. I had to book it like this since the friend's parents are not sailing with us. I was told that I could have the 2 boys in the cabin and me/DH in cabin for the actual sailing. My question is: when can I re-arrange the boys so that everyone has the correct S&S card...at the port or onboard @ information desk??

Please don't flame because it's not gonna change my mind. I'm staying with my husband on this cruise & the boys are staying in the cabin next to us. Period. :D

And thanks for all those who have valuable information that can help me with this question. :p Sailing away in 10 days!!

Please don't flame because it's not gonna change my mind. I'm staying with my husband on this cruise & the boys are staying in the cabin next to us. Period. :D

And thanks for all those who have valuable information that can help me with this question. :p Sailing away in 10 days!!

No need for flames...go to guest services when you board and have them issue additional key cards and straighten out which cards have charging privileges. If the bed arrangement is wrong (beds pushed together vs. two twins), just ask your steward to fix it.

On Board. We've done it a couple of times. It's easy and Guest services does this all of the time, but you don't need to change your S&S if you don't want to. You can get an extra card for each room that is a room key only. That way both groups have access to both rooms.

Edited by Miller_KC

No need for flames...go to guest services when you board and have them issue additional key cards and straighten out which cards have charging privileges. If the bed arrangement is wrong (beds pushed together vs. two twins), just ask your steward to fix it.

It'll not be a problem! People do it all the time!

Look forward to having a great cruise! :)

LuLu

Thanks everyone for the quick response!! :D :D :D

DJ

That's the best way to do it so one of you can get cheers and the other not. Don't change rooms, just get additional keys and put them on the lanyard.

I know this is off topic but I hope you got a notarized letter from the childs parents allowing you to take him and to be allowed to make medical decisions.

I figured I would ask since you question has already been answered propery

We have always booked our 3 in their own cabin, since they were 16,14,12. They are now in their 20's. For the future, you can book them in their own cabin from the start, the cabin must be next to yours to do this. So you don't have to do the switch thing.

Incorrect. If the son's 14 year old's friend is traveling without his parents on board the ship the 14 year old friend must be booked with one of the adults.

They can then make any cabin switches or key changes once on board.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Incorrect. If the son's 14 year old's friend is traveling without his parents on board the ship the 14 year old friend must be booked with one of the adults.

I stand corrected! I was sharing that it doesn't have to be that way with your own. Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. Geesh!

I know this is off topic but I hope you got a notarized letter from the childs parents allowing you to take him and to be allowed to make medical decisions.

I figured I would ask since you question has already been answered propery

Yes, I am getting a letter. And the rep at Carnival told me to make sure the lettr is addressed to both me & my husband.

DJ

No , you are incorrect. Not sure why this is always up for debate because Carnival's policy is crystal clear , and has been for sometime. You can definitely book the two minor children above the age 13 in their own cabin with the restrictions listed below :

Carnival.jpg Carnival's policy regarding guests traveling alone or traveling with minors:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Edited by lablover61

Don't forget to luggage tag appropriately so you're not dragging bags back and forth. Tag DH to your cabin and the boys bags to their cabin.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Thanks for sharing that tip! I honestly wouldn't have thought to do this. We are sailing Royal in awhile and they made us book one of us in one stateroom and one in the other. Even though #1 they are connecting and #2 DD will be twenty at time of sailing. Not 21 though, so they may have the same age rule.