Carnival Breeze????

ufyellowfin

just want the lowdown on the ship... we've sailed the sunshine 3 times. Once in Oceanview the other two aft balconies. It's my wife and daughter and son 9 and 6. Do they have aft ext balcony cabins? From what I can see the ships have some of the same traits but the Breeze is 20 years newer and larger. Any comments would be appreciated.

I just got off the Breeze yesterday. Overall its a really nice ship. We just had an inside room, but it was sufficient. My only complaint was our bed was basically two twin beds pushed together and there was a gap in the center of the bed. My wife and I are that odd couple that still enjoys sleeping close to each other, so it made it a bit uncomfortable trying to negotiate the gap in the mattress. That, and the mattress was kinda hard in general.

Overall the ship, staff, and everything else was excellent. We did cheers, ate at the MDR, steakhouse, sushi and Italian restaurant and it was all decent to exceptional. The only thing I thought was not perfect was sushi, and that is just because I didn't order something I typically like (I let my wife order).

We got married onboard on Monday (technically a renewal of vows) and it was amazing. The photos were fantastic, albeit expensive...I never knew pictures could cost that much.

We had a great time, I am sitting at work today missing it tremendously.

I haven't sailed the Sunshine so I can't compare the two. I love the Breeze and her sister the Magic.

The club for older teens is well organized and offers lots of activities. I can only assume the clubs for younger children are also fun.

Though it's a large ship there are few areas that feel crowded. The comedy club is small and the line can be very long. Very.

It has aft-extended balconies on decks 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Personally I wouldn't book any balcony on deck 6 because of the way deck 5 extends around the ship.

Great waterworks, miniature golf, sports area, etc. for kids and families.

I love the Breeze and have two more cruises booked on her before she leaves Galveston.

Hope this helps.

We have sailed the Breeze 5 times and it is our favorite ship, just ahead of the Magic.

We love the food choices, the Steakhouse (dinner) and Cucina (lunch) are definitely worth a try or two! The BBQ on sea days is good also, get there early or wait for a while after opening to avoid long lines.

The kids will love the arcade and the Thrill Theater as well.

Yes they have aft extended balconies on the Breeze, and the Spa balconies are great rooms too.

One of our favorite places to hang out is the Red Frog Pub which has live entertainment every night.

If you go to the comedy shows, get there early for a good seat as the venue is a little small.

You will enjoy the Breeze!

The waterworks area is a must do for kids and older "kids" like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the insight. I'm hearing from a travel planner that the aft extended on the Breeze won't accommodate 4 people. Also does anyone know of rooms that you can take the divider down between two balcony rooms?

I just got off the Breeze yesterday. Overall its a really nice ship. We just had an inside room, but it was sufficient. My only complaint was our bed was basically two twin beds pushed together and there was a gap in the center of the bed. My wife and I are that odd couple that still enjoys sleeping close to each other, so it made it a bit uncomfortable trying to negotiate the gap in the mattress. That, and the mattress was kinda hard in general.

Overall the ship, staff, and everything else was excellent. We did cheers, ate at the MDR, steakhouse, sushi and Italian restaurant and it was all decent to exceptional. The only thing I thought was not perfect was sushi, and that is just because I didn't order something I typically like (I let my wife order).

We got married onboard on Monday (technically a renewal of vows) and it was amazing. The photos were fantastic, albeit expensive...I never knew pictures could cost that much.

We had a great time, I am sitting at work today missing it tremendously.

Congratulations

I know for a fact that 7441 and 7439 balconies can be opened to each other. That goccl site was what we used to look for cabins that can be opened to each other. The connecting cabins don't appear to have connecting balconies. This seems odd to me, but I think it has to do with the cabin layout. They won't open the balcony divider if it would go back against a door, thus blocking an exit.

P.S. This is one of my favorite ships.

My guy is trying to put me on a balcony on lido deck... is this a good location as far as noise and ability to get to food?

That is a great location to get to the food! Only drawback would be walking past the lido pool area when the music is blasting at 140 decibels!

I have been on both the Breeze an Sunshine. I liked the Breeze MUCH more than the Sunshine. I thought the Sunshine was over-hyped after it was rebuilt. One of the things we enjoy on cruises are the comedy club. It is very poorly designed on the Sunshine.

We sailed on the Breeze last month and really enjoyed it. Absolutely loved the Palm Tree decorations at the Lido Marketplace dining area. Just made it so cheery.

Also enjoyed the outside areas on Deck 5 mid ship to just sit and relax or have a bite to eat.

We got a great price on a Spa Balcony. Only bad thing was there was no protection from rain on our balcony, so there were several days that we couldn't enjoy it on this cruise.