Sewing Clothes For A Cruise

This is what I wore for formal night. I made the top and hand bag. The bag does fold right but In the picture I did not place it right on the bed. The top is a lose fit. does not look huge when worn.

IMG_1899_zps92023551.jpg

IMG_1926_zpsc6d01590.jpg

IMG_1898_zpsde6c1787.jpg

Sorry for the big pictures. The make the outfit look huge!

Edited by geocruiser

Thank you all for the kinds words about my top. The fabric was from Joanns fabric.

cruisinnancy,

Girls dresses must be fun to make. Maybe you might try making something for you!

I really need to! My kids are so young that I put myself last a lot. It's certainly time to treat mama!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geocruiser,

I love your Kimono outfit! You have excellent sewing skills!:D Love the purse too!

I want to thank you for all the info you gave me before I went on vacation. Unfortunately, my mom wasn't up to sewing this trip. She's having some major problems with arthritis in her hands. It makes me so sad because as a child and young girl I was very, very thin and could not wear store-bought clothes so she made just about everything I wore. Some days are better than others so she hasn't given up hope...she just wasn't up to it while I was home this time.

Even though I don't sew myself, I really appreciate this thread and seeing all the beautiful things you ladies make so I'm going to keep coming back and checking to see what new things you make!

I was so happy yesterday to get my sewing machine out of the shop!

It got broken when we moved into our new house a year ago and after many attempts to fix it myself (and much complaining) my husband finally decided to take it in and get it fixed!

It was in the shop for 2 weeks but it works like a dream now!!!

I have all my mending done that has been sitting around for almost a year.

When I finished that I cut out a cute dress for our cruise and I have it almost finished. When I finish it I will post a picture of it.

Next on the list is to make fancy dresses for my 2 granddaughters that I am taking on a cruise in Nov. They both want frilly and lacey types of dresses. The very girly girl dresses.;)

Well, back to sewing and I hope ev3eryone has a great and productive weekend,

Gerry

I was so happy yesterday to get my sewing machine out of the shop!

It got broken when we moved into our new house a year ago and after many attempts to fix it myself (and much complaining) my husband finally decided to take it in and get it fixed!

It was in the shop for 2 weeks but it works like a dream now!!!

I have all my mending done that has been sitting around for almost a year.

When I finished that I cut out a cute dress for our cruise and I have it almost finished. When I finish it I will post a picture of it.

Next on the list is to make fancy dresses for my 2 granddaughters that I am taking on a cruise in Nov. They both want frilly and lacey types of dresses. The very girly girl dresses.;)

Well, back to sewing and I hope ev3eryone has a great and productive weekend,

Gerry

Happy to hear that your sewing machine is fixed. I can't wait to see what you will make. Is lace very hard to sew on?

Happy to hear that your sewing machine is fixed. I can't wait to see what you will make. Is lace very hard to sew on?

Sometimes lace can be difficult it just depends on the under material that you use.

The dress that I am making for me is made of cotton and that is the easiest material to work with. I have the dress finished except for hand sewing the hem in.

Will post a picture when it is done.

Gerry

Well the dress is done.

Here is a picture of it and of the dress I am making for one of my granddaughter, she is 4 and this will be for our formal night on the ship. I am making it in pink and the lace will be on top of the dress. The view I am making is the purple one and the burgundy shows it with the lace.

P4190364_zps9469ecc4.jpg

P4190367_zps81f43f2b.jpg

P4190372_zpsdfc9e570.jpg

P4190376_zpsc331631e.jpg

Have a great weekend of sewing everyone,

Gerry

Well the dress is done.

Here is a picture of it and of the dress I am making for one of my granddaughter, she is 4 and this will be for our formal night on the ship. I am making it in pink and the lace will be on top of the dress. The view I am making is the purple one and the burgundy shows it with the lace.

P4190364_zps9469ecc4.jpg

P4190367_zps81f43f2b.jpg

P4190372_zpsdfc9e570.jpg

P4190376_zpsc331631e.jpg

Have a great weekend of sewing everyone,

Gerry

Love the little girls dress patterns.

Your dress is WONDERFUL! Where did you find the fabric?

Love the little girls dress patterns.

Your dress is WONDERFUL! Where did you find the fabric?

I bought it on Clearance a couple of years ago at Joanns. It is a Michael Miller pattern #C-337 island Girl.

JD in Wa thanks, I am planning on wearing it in the Caribbean this Christmas on our cruise.

Happy sewing,

Gerry

I just sewed a convertible dress like this - http://hipknoties.com/ - for my May cruise. I bought 3 yards of black stretch knit for less than $20 and sewed one seam to make the tube of fabric for the dress. I used the selvage edges for the top and bottom of the tube so I didn't even need to hem it. I probably really only needed 2 yards, which would've made it even cheaper. I love it! I want to make more in other colors and lengths. It took all of about 15 minutes to cut and sew - easy! That's my kind of project. :)

I just sewed a convertible dress like this - http://hipknoties.com/ - for my May cruise. I bought 3 yards of black stretch knit for less than $20 and sewed one seam to make the tube of fabric for the dress. I used the selvage edges for the top and bottom of the tube so I didn't even need to hem it. I probably really only needed 2 yards, which would've made it even cheaper. I love it! I want to make more in other colors and lengths. It took all of about 15 minutes to cut and sew - easy! That's my kind of project. :)

Great idea! I watched the viedo, lots of ways to wear it.

Good Afternoon ladies,

Well I have been busy sewing again. I made a pair of shorts and a sundress.

P4280385_zps4cf4ea82.jpg

side view of the shorts. I am sorry the picture is so blurry I forgot the flash.

P4280388_zps2d10556f.jpg

the front view of the shorts.

P4280387_zpsdb85e49e.jpg

Hope everyone has a great week and Happy Sewing Everyone,

Gerry

Good Afternoon ladies,

Well I have been busy sewing again. I made a pair of shorts and a sundress.

P4280385_zps4cf4ea82.jpg

side view of the shorts. I am sorry the picture is so blurry I forgot the flash.

P4280388_zps2d10556f.jpg

the front view of the shorts.

P4280387_zpsdb85e49e.jpg

Hope everyone has a great week and Happy Sewing Everyone,

Gerry

Love the dress and shorts. You are ready for the islands!

Wow! You ladies have been busy sewing up some really pretty things! I love coming on here and seeing your projects. I love the dress you can wear 30 different ways. That's pretty awesome. The little girl dress is awfully cute too.

Hope you all enjoy your cruises.!:D

TNGALOHA--That's a very pretty dress. What pattern did you use? I'm getting ready to search for patterns and fabric for dresses for my next cruise (Feb).

It was a Symplicity # 2884

Have fun shopping and sewing,

Gerry

Here is my latest creation. This is for my 9yr old Grand daughter for our formal night on our cruise in Nov. I am making one just like it for her younger sister. Chloe bug will be 4 when we cruise. I will be sure to post a picture of the 2 of them all decked out on the cruise.

P4300390_zpsa363fc10.jpg

I still have the hem to do on the dress but I am waiting on that until Sat. when the girls are here so I can make any alterations the dresses will need and to measure the hems.

I have some cute pink tights for the girls to wear with the dresses and they will have pink shoes on with it. I still have to make Chloe's dress and then I am making them each a pink pearl necklace and bracelet to wear with it.

Happy sewing everyone,

Gerry