Tour company will not book excursion with Carnival guests

princessa

Yes from the tour operators perspective its great knowing they have a sellout from those days that the ships are in port.

Worrying if they can fill all their spots each day is a huge concern for tour operators.

Have you seen the contract rates for some excursions!? The cruise lines often keep a substantial majority of the fee. Makes me wonder why some tour operators ever sign such a contract with the cruise lines. I know certain tour companies in Cayman which have refused to renew a cruise line contract as the hit was too great.

Have you seen the contract rates for some excursions!? The cruise lines often keep a substantial majority of the fee. Makes me wonder why some tour operators ever sign such a contract with the cruise lines. I know certain tour companies in Cayman which have refused to renew a cruise line contract as the hit was too great.

That guaranteed money it very appealing to many tour operators. If they can fill all their spots on a daily basis, then it doesn't make sense to deal with the cruise lines.

Cruise lines are going to maximize profits...I have actually seen a rise in these exclusivity contracts in the Caribbean.

We booked a tour with Capt'n Marvin no problem. I told them we are on carnival. Our cruise leaves in 2 weeks but I booked the tour about 2 months ago. I have an email with a confirmation....I hope they honor it now!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just emailed Captain Marvin's yesterday asking if they had a Beach and Lunch tour available the day we'll be there. I mentioned we would be on the Carnival Dream. They emailed back letting me know there was room on the tour I want and how to reserve. Lol Maybe they'll book with Carnival cruisers of the ship doesn't offer that particular package???

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not dolphin related. But we went on the carnival legend a few weeks ago. Went to grand cayman. Booked stingray/snorkeling excursion outside of the ship with moby dick tours. They were fantastic. No problems at all. Much cheaper than the ship too. I would recommend for cayman area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't heard about anybody that actually got a refund or credit when it comes to the Carnival best price guarantee...anybody?

I got OBC using the best price guarantee for our upcoming Dream cruise next week for our excursion in Grand Cayman (Stingray City)

Ran in to the same problem 2 years ago while on the Carnival Magic. What I did was found a website that list what ships were in Cozumel the day we were there, and when I signed up online for our dolphin swim I said we were with Royal's Allure, this way if no ships could dock that day we would get a refund. Also showed up with my receipt and was never asked for Sail and Sign card. Also we were carrying our Carnival issued Beach towels!

I tried to book a Dolphin swim with Dolphin's Cove and was told they are not able to book any Carnival guests.

Then I tried Captain Marvin and was told the same.

Do I have any choice at all or do I have to pay more and book with Carnival.

By the way it is the Grand cayman.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wonder if this is only for the Dolphin swims with Captain Marvin's ... but not for other excursions offered my Captain Marvin's. :confused:

LuLu

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to hear from anyone who actually got a refund for a Cozumel excursion. As near as I can tell, what you get from Dolphinaris and Dolphin Discovery starts when you arrive at their sites and ends when you leave. Because Carnival includes transportation, the tour operators do not have "the same" tours.

I would love to hear from anyone who actually got a refund for a Cozumel excursion. As near as I can tell, what you get from Dolphinaris and Dolphin Discovery starts when you arrive at their sites and ends when you leave. Because Carnival includes transportation, the tour operators do not have "the same" tours.

I just got home from my cruise and I booked the dolphinaris dolphin swim online directly from dolphinaris. Carnival charges $129.00 for the dolphin swim and ride. I paid $54.40 for the same tour. I shared the the $10 cab ride with some other folks from the ship so that cost me $2 for my share plus I gave a $1 tip each way. I guaranteed my reservation with a credit card number but the credit card was not charged until I arrived at the dolphin park. They gave us free drinks including open bar throughout the tour other than during the dolphin swim ( no drinks allowed down in the dolphin enclosure). The tour also included a lunch buffet. So I spent $6 for the transportation. This still leaves the tour being half the price that carnival charged.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

They honored by Best Price Submission for Belize, found the same tour cheaper, submitted the form and 24 hours later go an email stating that I would have OBC of 38.48 for the difference. I feel more secure in booking with Carnival in a place that I have not been to before. So far I have not found any similar tours in Cozumel, Roatan, or Grand Cayman that I can book and take advantage of this offer.

• 2 weeks later...

dolphin cove keeps winner awards - Princess Cruise Line has given them best tour of Caribbean 3 years in a row.

if you want dolphins and stingray city - you will need to book thru the ship, i have met many people who have been turned away by just showing up.

there is a competing dolphin park - that takes direct bookings “dolphin discovery" but i have heard of many incidents and they are in a concrete pool - yuck!!!!

but you get a free pass to see the turtle farm - another set of concrete pools.

eating endangered turtles is a cultural thing in cayman - i don’t approve - but it is the national dish…

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to book a Dolphin swim with Dolphin's Cove and was told they are not able to book any Carnival guests.

Then I tried Captain Marvin and was told the same.

Do I have any choice at all or do I have to pay more and book with Carnival.

By the way it is the Grand cayman.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Try Dolphin Discovery instead of Cove. Different Company. I don't know about carnival but they booked me and I am on a RCCI ship.

This is why I wasn't a fan of Carnival's Price Match guarantee; I knew there was an ulterior motive on their end. They are trying to see who their competition is, eliminate them, and force us to book excursions directly through them.

One company I used in February now has a contract with Carnival. They wouldn't take any new bookings for Carnival cruisers. And the sad thing is Carnival charged the same price as the company but some activities were removed.

I'm booked with Captain Marvin and I know I stated I was arriving via the cruise line. I think I booked them back in May for a tour this month.