El Nino impacts... anything yet?

Crusin'Cousins

Has anyone experienced any impacts to their Mexican Riviera cruises yet as a result of El Nino?

We've read about a few days of rough seas thus far, but haven't heard much more than that... Have the anticipated "more rainy days" begun? We know the water temperatures will be a bit warmer, but has there been any impact yet to air temperatures? Are beach excursions expected to be significantly impacted?

We understand the full impacts are possibly not expected for a couple months, but curious to learn what others are experiencing at this point.

Any information is appreciated...

Happy Cruisin' Everyone!

Happy Holidays!

I live part-time in San Carlos on the Sea of Cortez, and it most definitely is not rainier. In fact, we need rain! Also, contrary to what most people think, the water is colder, not warmer this year, by about 5 degrees.

Edited by Laurie S.

We returned 12/20 last Sunday

Yes the seas were a bit rough on 2nd to last day rounding Cabo (usually calm)

Last day was bright and sunny (usually rough and cloudy)

Seems likely conditions would change daily, as porting in Cabo Day 3 was calm, brilliant... a spectacular sunny day

The movement in modern cruise ships is so slight, seems not worthy of concern to us.

Have fun

Edited by bobnsofi

Thank you for the responses... So, it sounds like we shouldn't see too much of an impact, at least not at this point, for our January cruise.

Wouldn't mind the warmer water (lol) but, the potential lack of additional rains sounds very positive.

Merry Christmas to all!

Just returned from the Jewel today. Yesterday, the last day at sea, was 59°, and extremely windy. Pools closed, as well as the jogging track. 12' waves. The day before was high winds, sunny but cooler. Pool towel attendant said the last two days are always cool, rough and windy.

Thanks for the update, torybruno. I guess the rough weather is due to the route the Jewel takes back from PV? Did you go to the aerialist show? I heard on another recent thread that it was cancelled one week because of the weather conditions making it difficult to stage the show (for safety). I'd really hate to miss the show due to bad weather :(

Thanks for the update, torybruno. I guess the rough weather is due to the route the Jewel takes back from PV? Did you go to the aerialist show? I heard on another recent thread that it was cancelled one week because of the weather conditions making it difficult to stage the show (for safety). I'd really hate to miss the show due to bad weather :(

There is only one route from PV, Cabo etc, back to LA or San Diego, and once north of Cabo, runs against the currents. It is frequently cooler this time of year, almost always has some roughness. Nothing to do with El Nino.

Theloo-

We did go to the show both nights they performed. We were wondering if it may be cancelled in the rough seas, but it was not. There may have been certain stunts that were not performed, but we've no way of knowing! They were fabulous!!!

Theloo-

We did go to the show both nights they performed. We were wondering if it may be cancelled in the rough seas, but it was not. There may have been certain stunts that were not performed, but we've no way of knowing! They were fabulous!!!

Glad to hear it! I did not know they performed 2 nights. I thought it was 2 shows on one night, early and late seating. I'll be on the look out for 2 shows on different nights.