Ultimate vs Premium drink package

Tetromibi

As far as mixed and/or frozen drinks are concerned, is there any difference between the ultimate and premium drink package?

The description from the RCI site seems kind of vague.

Ultimate - Includes: Call and premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value), premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water (sparkling and still, fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with the Coca Cola® souvenir cup.

Premium - Includes: Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value), frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass (up to $12 value), non-alcoholic cocktails, bottle water (still), and fountain sodas with Coca-Cola® souvenir cup.

Is the only difference the $10 limit on cocktails being lifted from ultimate? Or is that a typo/oversight from RCI?

Edited by Tetromibi

As far as mixed and/or frozen drinks are concerned, is there any difference between the ultimate and premium drink package?

The description from the RCI site seems kind of vague.

Ultimate - Includes: Call and premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value), premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water (sparkling and still, fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with the Coca Cola® souvenir cup.

Premium - Includes: Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value), frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass (up to $12 value), non-alcoholic cocktails, bottle water (still), and fountain sodas with Coca-Cola® souvenir cup.

Is the only difference the $10 limit on cocktails being lifted from ultimate? Or is that a typo/oversight from RCI?

As far as alcohol is concerned, the no limit premium cocktails and raised wine by the glass value is the difference. But the addition of the premium coffees and additional options with water and juices also adds to the total difference.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Based on my experience from a few weeks back, it boils down to dollar amount only. I ordered a few mixed drinks that would normally go over the dollar amount and they just put the 'house brand' in there and called it a day. Wine was on the only sticking point.

I personally would not go for top notch unless you really enjoy the specialty coffees. I drink mine black and bitter so no need for the fancy stuff.

have fun on the cruise!!

The Ultimate package (65) is a combination of the Premium (55) with the Royal Replenish (20) and you get a 10.00 discount. The 10.00 limit on mixed drinks is the same with both packages. If there was no limit with the Ultimate package, then there would be many scotch drinkers sucking down Johnnie Walker Blue at an alarming rate. ;)

If you don't drink specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ or bottled water there is no reason to upgrade to the higher package. If you are like me, and wake up in the morning and want a coffee or two, and like the fresh squeezed OJ or 3 it is more than worth the price for the additional upgrade!

If you don't drink specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ or bottled water there is no reason to upgrade to the higher package. If you are like me, and wake up in the morning and want a coffee or two, and like the fresh squeezed OJ or 3 it is more than worth the price for the additional upgrade!

Bottled water is included in both.

The wife and I will be cruising Vision in May and we have been thinking about the packages like this. I will get the Ultimate because I drink 4 cups of joe a day. She doesn't drink coffee and might have 1 latte on the trip just to act fancy. If that is the case, then I will order it and give it to her. To me the only difference is the coffee and tea options between the 2 packages.

We also like the idea of pre paying for the top notch package and not being surprised when you order each drink. You would look pretty pissed to order a drink and the bar tender says sorry Mr. Jones, that is not included. I rather pay the extra $10 per day and get my drink fast and not have to worry about signing my account or anything. its a vacation, sit back and relax!!

JT

I had the Ultimate package last time...bottled water was included, redbull when mixed with vodka, and frozen drinks.

But I had a martini that was $10.50 and they charged me the .50

The previous time I had the premium package, and thats what I am doing again this time. Not sure I really got the extra $10 day value out of the Ultimate package.

I'm currently having the drinks package debate also :confused: I would drink a lot of cocktails esp strawberry davquiri is this counted as a frozen drink? Would I them have to opt for the more expensive package?
No, you would go for the Premium package and save the 10.00 per day over the Ultimate. The difference between the two packages are specialty teas and coffee, fresh squeezed OJ and San Pellegrino and Perrier waters. Still water, soda, wine, beer and mixed drinks including frozen alcoholic ones like Pina Coladas and Daiquiris are all included in the Premium package.

The wife and I will be cruising Vision in May and we have been thinking about the packages like this. I will get the Ultimate because I drink 4 cups of joe a day. She doesn't drink coffee and might have 1 latte on the trip just to act fancy. If that is the case, then I will order it and give it to her. To me the only difference is the coffee and tea options between the 2 packages.

JT

You've hit the nail on the head as to why I went with the Ultimate. I like my coffee in the morning (usually quite a bit), and if I can get fresh-squeezed orange juice as well, that's a big bonus. I also like sparkling water with lunch and dinner. Could I live without all that? Sure. But I'm lucky to cruise once every couple of years and I want the best experience possible!

So as regards the Premium package, do you still have to pay for house wines by the glass or beers if you reserve a specialty restaurant?

Specialty restaurants have the same respect for the packages that all the rest of the venues do.

and are people tipping at the pool deck bars?? or just handing over the Sea Pass and saying "thanks!" ??

For the most part, yes, from what i could tell most did tip extra. It depends on if the ship you are on requires you to sign the 0.00 receipt or not. If I were on a ship that did not require signing a slip, I would probably take cash and tip once a day to the main bartenders or ask for a slip so I could tip extra.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Our family (6) is heading out on Freedom of the Seas this June to the Western Caribbean (we were on Liberty of the Seas a few years back and really enjoyed it) and wondering a few things about RCI's new beverage packages if anyone can assist; called RCI yesterday and they were of zero help. Figured folks on the boards would know...

We are looking at the Premium package ($55 per day) and wondering if anyone knows:

• Does this package include the after dinner shots in the MDR?
  • If it includes house wines in the MDR? I've heard the house wines aren't great, but can't find a list of what is considered house
  • If it includes any "house" wines at Vintages?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Hi. Our family (6) is heading out on Freedom of the Seas this June to the Western Caribbean (we were on Liberty of the Seas a few years back and really enjoyed it) and wondering a few things about RCI's new beverage packages if anyone can assist; called RCI yesterday and they were of zero help. Figured folks on the boards would know...

We are looking at the Premium package ($55 per day) and wondering if anyone knows:

• Does this package include the after dinner shots in the MDR?
  • If it includes house wines in the MDR? I've heard the house wines aren't great, but can't find a list of what is considered house
  • If it includes any "house" wines at Vintages?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Don't know about the shots, but the Premium package includes all wines sold by the glass up to $12. If you want a more expensive wine, you only pay the amount over $12.

Don't know about the shots, but the Premium package includes all wines sold by the glass up to $12. If you want a more expensive wine, you only pay the amount over $12.

We were able to get the after dinner shots with the Premium Package every night. They do come in the novelty shot glasses, if you want to keep them, that would be extra (or if you tip the guy really well, he'll bring you a couple to take with :cool:)

Bottled water is included in both.

Isn't coffee free onboard, also? I see a few saying they like to drink coffee all day so they like the Ultimate package. But if you can get coffee for free? Maybe I am confused. I know the Ultimate includes PREMIUM coffees but they are saying just "coffee". ??

Isn't coffee free onboard, also? I see a few saying they like to drink coffee all day so they like the Ultimate package. But if you can get coffee for free? Maybe I am confused. I know the Ultimate includes PREMIUM coffees but they are saying just "coffee". ??

You're correct, there is no extra charge for plain coffee.

Is 'plain coffee' filter or barista coffee though? Or just pre-made out of an urn?

I believe the coffee is brewed (not from concentrated coffee syrup) and served from large urns.

I believe the coffee is brewed (not from concentrated coffee syrup) and served from large urns.

Hmm, I admit, I automatically assumed the free coffee was basically Instant, that's interesting, thanks.

Edited by UKcruisefan69