Britannia Formal Nights

Zombatar

We are off on Britannia at the end of July on the Strictly cruise. Having read the reviews of the Maiden cruise so far (sadly not on this site) I see that the limelight club is very popular and needs booking well in advance. However it is also always casual dress and we don't want to miss any of the formal nights so would any one like to hazards a guess at when the formal nights are likely to be. I know there will be 4 as it is a two week cruise but beyond that I haven't a clue. :confused:

Peter

We are off on Britannia at the end of July on the Strictly cruise. Having read the reviews of the Maiden cruise so far (sadly not on this site) I see that the limelight club is very popular and needs booking well in advance. However it is also always casual dress and we don't want to miss any of the formal nights so would any one like to hazards a guess at when the formal nights are likely to be. I know there will be 4 as it is a two week cruise but beyond that I haven't a clue. :confused:

Peter

If you look at he itinary it shows five sea days. Exclude the last one as this is never a formal night and you can assume that the other four will be the formals.

It is very unusual to have a formal on a port day.

Hope this helps

David.

Formal nights at usually on sea days. 2nd night is normally formal. Final formal is usually the night before the last night.

Could you work it out from the above.

Yes, not the night when you are packing.

David.

Edited by balf

We are on the same cruise (B515).

Looking at the itinerary our first sea day is the 26th and as that's the second night aboard will most definitely be a formal night.

The next sea day is the 30th so I would reckon that will be our second formal night.

As you know our last sea days are three together right at the end so I'm guessing the middle one and the anti penultimate night will be formal.

That means one other formal night may well be on a port visit day. I can't access the cruise personaliser to see the ship departure times but if there is one where we leave mid afternoon and it isn't the night before or after a sea day then that could well be the missing 4th formal night.

I'd be really surprised if there were two formal nights in succession but no doubt someone more knowledgeable will correct me.