Rent Spin Shoes?

There are many posts about the Spin bikes and classes on the ships, but I haven't seen this one. Does anyone know if you can rent/borrow cycling shoes on the ship just like with some other Spinning studios on land? They are pretty heavy/bulky to pack, so I'd rather not bring them if I don't have to. And yes, I do realize that I could wear regular sneakers, but I prefer cycling shoes.

I do not believe there are any available for rent. As for borrowing who would you want to borrow them from? Any other passengers that had them would be using them as there is typically only 1 class per day and the equipment is then no longer available for general use. Quite doubtful that any of the instructors would want to loan you their shoes and I certainly couldn't blame them.

Thank you both for your replies. TM, when I said "borrow" I meant from the fitness facility onboard. In other words, if there was a fee, it would be renting, if there was no additional fee, it would be borrowing. :)

I always sign up for the spin classes when on the ships. I have not sailed Princess yet, but on the carnival ships the spin shoes did not fit in the clips. Several of us tried and non of them worked. I don't know if Princess is different, but Carnival did not have shoes to rent. the classes just aren't big enough to warrent having shoes in various sizes, I guess? I just make sure I bring along a pair on cross trainer shoes and cycle with those on the ship. Will keep following this post to find if someone knows more about the spin classes, since we will be sailing Emerald in Feb. and I plan on signing up for spin classes myself.

Edited by Bimmie Girl

I just wish they had spinning bikes available for all to us instead of the few excercize bikes that do not do much for anybody. I wonder why they do not have both available?

Because there's revenue in spinners.

On the Royal they had new bikes. Sneakers are fine and you just tighten the straps, spin shoes were not provided. However i believe the underside had the clips but am not 100% sure.

I will be on the Regal in about a month and look for you if you would like.

Some of the ships have the "Spinning" bikes. You can use SPD shoes on these bikes. The other ships have different bikes that only have the cages. Unfortunately I can't remember which ships have the "Spinning" bikes.

You can't rent shoes with clips -- you have to bring your own.

Some of the ships have the "Spinning" bikes. You can use SPD shoes on these bikes. The other ships have different bikes that only have the cages. Unfortunately I can't remember which ships have the "Spinning" bikes.

You can't rent shoes with clips -- you have to bring your own.

I think its the Royal/Regal that have the spinning bikes, these are the ones that my NYC studio uses.

I think its the Royal/Regal that have the spinning bikes, these are the ones that my NYC studio uses.

That would make sense since it was the ships that had been recently renovated that had the new spinning bikes.